fifteen

"god i can't believe you forced me to eat those disgusting green plants!" xue exclaimed dramatically, walking out from the restaurant

"well, like it or not you have to eat them. it's for the sake of your health you dumbass!"

"stop calling me a dumbass, you dumbass." xue rolled her eyes and folded her arms. "then what do you want me to call you? princess?" he raised his brows, teasing her again.

"forget it. you can call me dumbass," she mumbled.

"okay enough of this it's getting late you don't want to miss this!" he beamed, pulling her hands.

"i thought we're going home. i'm tired already." she complained. "do you want me to carry you all the way there or what?"

"nevermind! i have two perfect legs i can definitely walk on my own." she rejected his offer quickly.

they walked and walked until xue decided to stop him. "how long more are we going to walk? where are we going? are you going kill me? are you going kidnap-"

"li xue can you be patient and stop complaining? i mean we could head back if you want but don't you think it's a waste? we're almost there." he said with pleading eyes.

"stop doing that face!" she pushed jaemin away. "you know what? i'll give you a piggyback ride. for free." he said, lowering his body, waiting for her to hop on his back.

"i'm heavy. it's ok."

"no you're not," he argued back.

"how would you know? it's not like you've carried me before."

"well, i have. and you're not even close to heavy." xue was about to fight back until she realized what jaemin said.

"it was you! you're the one who carried me back to my room the other day! i knew it! you sly asshole!" she hit his chest playfully, blabbering some words jaemin didn't bother to listen.

instead, he was busy admiring her. everything about her. the way her hair fell right above her shoulder. the way her eyes sparkled even when she's angry at him.

"na jaemin! are you even listening?" she stopped blabbering and folded her arms.

"yeah i am." he answered, eyes not leaving hers. "well you definitely don't look like you are. what was i talking about?"

"uhh..." jaemin trailed not knowing what to say. "see! you weren't even listening." she pouted.

"whatever princess. now hop on." he said and lowered his back so xue could climb on him easily. "i'm scared." she admitted.

"no excuses. quick we don't have all day," he complained. xue gave up and held onto his shoulders tightly before going up on his back.

"hold tight." he said and xue secured her arms around jaemin's neck tightly. "i said hold tight not choke me. jesus fucking christ i'll die even before we get there." jaemin complained.

"but i'm heavy! i'm scared and you're too tall. what if you let me fall down on the ground and i die?"

"you'll be fine i promise." jaemin assured her and started to walk. xue was so grateful that jaemin chose this route because no one else was using it except for them.

jaemin was the one carrying her but xue was the one who felt tired. she rested her head in the crook of his neck and jaemin's whole body tensed, caught off guard by her action. nevertheless, he tried to ignore the tingling sensation that he was feeling.

after what it felt like forever, they reached the place jaemin wanted to show her. "and we're here!" he slowly put xue down and xue stared at him unbelievingly.

"what is this place jaemin? it's just a... cliff? don't tell me you're planning to-" she quickly covered her mouth before saying the full sentence

"kill you? i'd love to but i love you a little bit too much to do that." xue tried her best to ignore what jaemin said without showing any obvious emotions.

"it's calming though. the place is relaxing." she commented. "how did you find this place?" she continued.

"i got bored and i love exploring places. so when i found this place i thought this would be a perfect hideout place for me. no one ever comes here so it's really nice." he explained.

"it's very nice indeed. bet your girlfriend likes coming here too am i right?"

"xue.. i don't have a girlfriend." he admitted truthfully. "oh uhm well your ex-girlfriend then?"

"nonexistent," he answered blankly. xue's mouth gaped open. "no way. you're so attractive how come-" xue was cut off by jaemin again.

"so you think i'm handsome?" he raised his brows and grinned. "well..." she trailed. "well?" jaemin was being impatient and xue knew she needed to be very careful with her words.

"oh look at the sunset! it's so beautiful! oh my, i need to take a picture of this." she changed the topic and quickly pulled out her phone to capture the mind-blowing scenery.

unknowingly a sigh came out of jaemin's mouth. he admired her from behind and thought how nice it would be to kiss her while the sun sets.

suddenly an idea popped in his head. "hey li xue." he called out, diverting her attention to him. "will you dance the evening away with me?" he asked, stretching out his hand, waiting for xue to accept it.

"oh uhm sure. why not?" she took his hand and her heart did a flip. dancing the evening away? only na jaemin can do that ladies and gentlemen.

he placed his right hand on her waist and she placed hers on his shoulder. it was supposed to be odd because they were dancing without a tune or melody but they were enjoying the moment.

jaemin felt butterflies in his stomach and he loved the feeling. "has anyone told you that you're beautiful?"

"here we go again. na jaemin and his flirting 101." she rolled her eyes to show annoyance but ended up chuckling.

"but really you're so beautiful." he praised her again. "oh thank you." she smiled shyly.

"can i do this?" he asked, eyes not leaving hers. "do what-" her words were cut off when jaemin leaned in and connected their lips. her breath hitched and she froze at her spot.

she was too shocked to kiss him back. and that broke jaemin's heart. the feeling wasn't mutual after all.

he pulled away to apologize quickly. "sorry i- it's ok you don't have to do anything i was just caught up with my feelings. i'm sorry-" this time his words were cut off when xue crashed her lips on his.

it didn't even take a second for jaemin to kiss her back. even though they had their eyes closed, jaemin couldn't stop smiling.

maybe it wasn't a one-sided love after all.

they pulled away to catch their breath. and when they regained their self back, jaemin placed his hands on her cheeks and pushed strands of hair that was covering her face.

"happy birthday li xue."

WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT OMG JSJSJ i suck at this i should've just - aaa why r some ppl even still reading this honestly 😔😔 BUT WHAT THE FUUUCCKK THIS STORY IS ELIGIBLE FOR WATTYS IM-