twenty-nine

"do i look okay?"

"do i look okay?"

"of course baby. you always look good." donghyuck replied. jeno and renjun cringed at how donghyuck was being cheesy with jiyu, his yet to be girlfriend.

"look at the both of you. always about to rip each other's throat. but now you're being all lovey-dovey with each other." xue scoffed.

"oh please don't even let me start on the both you." jiyu scoffed back, motioning to jaemin. jaemin only rolled his eyes before laying his eyes on his girlfriend.

"you look pretty." he complimented her.

"jaem i'm wearing a graduation robe."

"yeah but you dolled up and put on makeup. you never do that. you're even wearing red lipstick." xue stared at him.

"are you trying to get on my good side or something? do you want anything? because you're not getting it today." she said.

"no baby. why can't i compliment my beautiful girlfriend? besides, red looks sexy on you. wear more red next time." jaemin ended up earning a smack from her.

"stop it. your friends are here." she said, holding her flushed cheeks. "are you lowkey saying we're not your friends?" renjun butted in.

"i don't claim crackhead who tried to imitate a goat my friends."

"but you're a crackhead too! i thought we're in this together what the fuck." jeno exclaimed.

"huang renjun."

"oh my god renjun it's your turn to get the scroll!" xue beamed excitedly, beating renjun's arm lightly. renjun proceeded to go up the stage to receive his scroll.

jiyu was next as her surname was jeon. jaemin noticed that his girlfriend's hands were shaking. slowly, his hand found hers, clasping them together, giving comfort to her. she turned to her right and gave a smile and he returned one.

after jiyu, it was donghyuck's turn followed with jeno. then xue. jaemin was last.

after the graduation ceremony was over, they all gathered to take a class picture. after separating ways with their classmates, everyone started to take pictures with their friends and their favorite teachers.

"YO I CAN'T BELIEVE WE GRADUATED.," renjun said, examining his scroll. "i mean we all graduated but YOU graduated the top of the class." jeno rolled his eyes.

"as expected huang renjun." donghyuck snorted. "how did you even manage to find time to study. we're together almost all the time."

"almost." renjun emphasized the word almost. "why do you think i was always awake after dawn?"

"oh my god guys remember when mr.kang said that don't let your friends distract you at school because they'll go home and study and get better results than you? that friend is renjun. what a bitch." jeno grumbled.

"fine then if i'm a bitch then don't come over and play games with me ever again."

"aaaah sorry sorry." jeno quickly apologized at the mention of games.

"hey should we go and get lunch together later?" jiyu suggested. "oh sure. you're driving?" jaemin asked.

before jiyu could say anything, donghyuck and xue interrupted her. "heck no." they said unison. the both of then shuddered at the thought of jiyu driving them again.

"hey, that was the first time okay? i've gotten better at it." jiyu protested. donghyuck had an expressionless look on his face. a look he'd always do when he disagrees with something.

"okay fine. you drive." jiyu gave up in convincing them that she'd gotten better at driving. they boys still hadn't gotten their driving license yet but they all can drive and had probably driven around illegally a couple of times too.

"oh let's decide who should pay later-"

"no one's paying for everyone huang renjun. we should pay for our own food." xue cut him off.

"just admit it xue. you're broke as fuck right now hahahahaha." donghyuck laughed at her.

"hah says the one who begged for me to buy him a cheeseburger because he 'forgot' to bring his money."

"i didn't ask for a personal attack," he said, clutching his heart.

"guys i think we should leave after we're done with taking the pictures. jeno the photographer at your service." he bowed, making him look like a prince who had just graduated.

"hold on! before taking a picture we should all group hug!!" xue beamed, pulling them all in a big group hug.

"CLICK!" they all turned to see where the shutter sound came from. they were flabbergasted when they saw sunwoo holding an instant camera.

"oh sunwoo." xue said in a low voice. she had tried a few times to apologize to him and work things out between them but he kept on avoiding her.

sunwoo walked towards them and jaemin quickly wrapped his arm around her waist. possessive much.

"hey, jaemin. i just wanted to apologize you know for that day..." he trailed. jaemin's mood was ruined by his presence but he didn't let that affect him.

sunwoo's eyes moved to xue. "can i talk with you?"

"tell whatever you want to say to her here." jeno butted in. "it's... a very personal matter." sunwoo continued.

xue looked at jaemin for his permission. she didn't want to be seen with a guy who had punched his boyfriend alone but she really wanted to fix things between them.

jaemin took a sharp breath before nodding. "we'll wait for you here." she knew her boyfriend was being bitter but sunwoo was her friend.

they walked away and donghyuck turned to jaemin. "you're seriously letting your girlfriend go with that random ass dude?"

he sighed and looked at them. "it's her right to choose her own friends i guess. after all, he's still her friend." he shrugged. 

aaaaa one more chapter hehe sorry for the delay t_____t i was on a short vacation also heechul and momo omg... i have no say in this but i hope they're happy tgt!!