PART 9.

STEVE POV:
Most of the morning is spent trying to get to know Angel a bit better, but she's rather quiet about her feelings, the only opinions she seems to vocalise are negative. I even try getting Buck to tell me a bit about her but he says "You'll have to gain her trust before she'll let you know her, I'm not helping you cheat." When it gets towards lunch time Nat wandered back in and Angel spoke up for the first time in about an hour "Mind if I make lunch?" Stark raises an eyebrow "You did breakfast." "Which means I should do lunch too." "It's someone else's turn." She sighs and lowers her head, Buck wraps an arm around her shoulder, Stark sighs "Fine, but nothing fancy." She gives him a small smile.

Odd, did they have a discussion without us? It's not like him to give in so easily and why did she look so sad about not being allowed to cook?

She rushes into the kitchen, followed by Buck, I lean over and speak in a quieter voice as I address Stark "What the hell just happened?" I hear Clint mutter under his breath "Language, you naughty Captain." I hear a giggle come from Nat and Dr Banner.

I'm never going to live that down, am I? Damn it!

"We had a little talk, she was up at quarter to 6 this morning, apparently she had a lay in. Don't forget, she's used to cooking for hundreds of people, 3 meals, everyday for the last... 11 years, I think she said." "11 years?" "Yeah moved in at 16 and I think she said she's either 26 or 27 now."

We really need to learn about her past, how would a 16 year old end up working for HYDRA, I remember her mentioning her dad but she won't give us a name, she won't even give us her surname. Fury has been trying to question some of the HYDRA members, but no one's talking and Angel doesn't seem to exist, no birth certificate, driving licence, passport, nothing.

I hear some laughter coming from the kitchen, I see Nat perk up too, we look to each other "Be right back." "Me too." The others pay us no notice as we slowly and quietly make our way towards the door to the kitchen, the door is open ajar, we peer in. "Soldat, stop it!" Angel hits Buck on the arm as he tries to eat a piece of cheese "I'm hungry." "I don't care, you can eat when the sandwiches are done." He grabs her arm, she turns to face him, he pouts, she raises an eyebrow at him and leans closer, their faces are barely inches apart, they look into each other's eyes. When it looks like they are about to kiss she speaks in a quiet yet commanding voice "No." He groans and releases his grip, he leans back against the unit, as soon as she turns her back to him he looks back at the cheese.

Oh Buck, always hungry, surely he can wait a little while.

He reaches for the cheese, his hand is about an inch away when she picks up the newspaper I was reading at breakfast, she rolls it up and hits him round the back of the head "Ow!" "Down boy!" "I'm not a dog." "You might as well be. Go annoy someone else." He steps towards her once again "You love me really." With a smirk on her face she speaks calmly "Fuck. Off." She picks up the cheese and puts it on the other side of her, away from Bucky, he sighs and takes a seat at the island. Nat and I look at each other, both trying to hold in a laugh, we turn back to the living room and sit back down, pretending like nothing happened.