PART 34.

ANGEL POV:
After many of his attempts I couldn't bring myself to believe anything he said anymore, everything was a lie. He tried to make a deal with me, wanting me to use my wings to help HYDRA, I refused and after I don't know how long he'd had enough. One day he walks into my cell, instead of giving me food and trying to convince me he's in the right he pulls me to my feet, I wobble. He pulls me out of the cell and down a corridor, into a room that's just as dark and smells funky. He flips a light switch and the room becomes so much brighter, I can see that in the centre of the room are chains hanging from the ceiling and connected to the floor below.

Is he going to torture me into submission!?

Some other people come in and they work together, once they're done my ankles are tightly chained to the floor, my bare feet on the cold floor and my wrists are chained tightly above my head. I can't move very much, it makes me more nervous, the others walk out, leaving just my dad, until a man in a white coat walks in with a small table on wheels, a cloth covering it. The man walks back out and shuts the door behind him, my dad steps in front of me “I don't have to do this, I don't want to do this, but if you won't help us.” “I'm not working for you anymore, this is wrong, all of it!” “You won't even help us with your wings, I did give them to you.” “I know you did, dad, but I'm not using them for evil.” “So be it.”

What's he going to do to me?

I feel a tear leave my eye “My Angel… if you don't submit, you'll regret it.” “Fuck you!” He looks down then heads to the table, as he removes the cloth I see a saw, my eyes widen.

SAM POV:
It's taken about a week but we've managed to track down the HYDRA Agents who took Angel, we've flown to their base and landed out of sight. Because we're down two super soldiers we need to know exactly what we're going to encounter, Tony manages to hack into the cameras, he searches around until he gasps. We all look at the screen to see Angel in terrible condition, she's chained to the ceiling and floor in a standing position, she's wearing a dirty tank top and sweatpants, no shoes and her hair is all tangled.

What have they been doing to her?

There's no noise in the camera so we can't hear what they're saying, but the man in front of her is definitely speaking to her, he then takes a cloth of a table revealing a saw. Angel starts to panic, she tries to get away as he picks it up, he wings automatically pop out due to being threatened. Bruce is the first to speak as the man on screen walks behind Angel “He's gonna cut her wings off.” Tony switches cameras as he looks around the base organising a plan as quick as possible, as soon as we know the plan we run from the quinjet into the building ready to fight.

We storm the base, our main focus is getting Angel out safely, Thor, Natasha and I head to the room she's being held in whilst the others protect us. As we run down a corridor we can hear heartbreaking screams of agony, Thor breaks down the door just as something hits the floor and Angel lets out a scream. Natasha takes care of the man as Thor and I head over to Angel, Thor starts hitting the chains with his hammer to break them as I try to calm Angel down “Angel, hey.” She looks to me, her face wet with sweat and tears, I cup her face “I'm sorry it took us so long.” She shakes her head “Better late than never, just get me out of here, please.” As soon as her ankles are free I gently grab her waist to hold her steady, she wraps her arms around my neck, over her shoulder I see what's left of her wings poking out of her back, all bloody, her two large feathered wings are covered in blood and on the floor.