PART 26.

ANGEL POV:
For a while my dad and I sit together, he answers all of my questions, which makes me feel better “Why were all of those people in the basement being experimented on?” “They volunteered, they wanted to help the people of this planet. So with their help we're getting there.”

Didn't Wanda say she volunteered to be experimented on?

“Wanda. Does that name ring a bell?” “Wanda Maximoff, yes. She volunteered to be experimented on in Sokovia, she wanted to help her people, who were being threatened. We gave her and her brother abilities.” “I didn't meet her brother.” “That's because he was killed. The pair were coaxed into the Avengers, they fought with them, but their enemy was stronger, the poor kids were thrown straight into a war. The boy didn't make it out alive. They weren't ready for something like that, they were just kids, but the Avengers are persuasive, they're dangerous.”

Poor Wanda…

“Why would they do such a thing?” My dad wipes away a year that I didn't even notice was rolling down my cheek “Just don't let them do it to you. I've already lost your mother, I can't lose you too. You need to be careful, they know more about you than you've told them.” “How?” “S.H.I.E.L.D managed to hack our systems, they have everything we'd documented about you. But it's okay, you've better than they think, just don't let them know that.” I nod my head and hug my dad one last time “I have to go now, bring the Winter Soldier back and… do you still care about him?” My eyes widen.

Oh no, please don't hurt him.

I slowly nod and he smiles “Don't fret, Angel. If you bring him back with you I promise I won't stand in the way of you. He's on your side, he cares too, you can get through to him.” “Okay, I'll try.” “I'm sure you'll do your best.” He walks over to the window and slips into a harness, he sneaks out and I close the window behind him.

STEVE POV:
I wake up and head straight for the training room to work out, but when I get there I get a bit of a surprise, drenched in sweat and panting as she's punching a hanging bag is Angel “Angel? How long have you been awake?” She doesn't turn to me “Who said I went to sleep?” “You haven't even slept? When did you start working out?” “Last night.” “Perhaps you should take a break.” She abruptly stops and I walk over to her, as I get closer I can see just how far she's been pushing her body, she looks exhausted “Come on, let's sit you down.” I lay a hand on her shoulder and she glares at me “Don't touch me.” Her voice is demanding, even though it isn't loud, it makes me rethink my next step, I look down and notice her hands.

She's bleeding, she's definitely had enough, this has gone too far.

“Sit.” I fight back with my own demanding tone and she instantly drops to the ground, shock evident on her face “Stay there while I get the medical kit.” I walk into the small room off to the side where they kit is kept, once the door closes behind me I grab it “FRIDAY, why didn't you wake someone up? This isn't healthy.” There's no response “FRIDAY?” I sigh.

Have to get Stark to look into that once he's up.

I head back into the training room and sit opposite her on the floor, i gold out my hand and she hesitantly gives me her hands, I notice her change of trust but don't question it. I tend to her wounds as best I can, I then help her up “Come on, let's get some food in you, then you can shower and change.” We get in the elevator and head to the kitchen, when we get there Sam has his head in the fridge “Where were you man? I had to run on my own.” I groan “I must've forgot. I thought I told you I was training inside this morning.” “I didn't get that message.” He then turns to us and his eyes widen “You ditched me to work out with Angel? That's not fair, but it looks like you won so many be it is.” He smiles at her, she hides her hands behind her back and returns a smile.