~34~

Chapter 34: Numb

Chapter Song: Bubble Gum by Clairo

"Sorry I didn't kiss but it's obvious I wanted to. Bubble gum down my throat and it's a curse. But my luck couldn't get any worse 'cause I swallowed the bubble gum."

~
" What do you mean you're leaving with them?" Scott questioned me with sad eyes as we stood in a back room where all the dogs were kept until their owners retrieved them.

"Scott, I mean exactly what I said in that room a minute ago, if Isaac is going I'm going. I can't loose him already." I said rubbing my forehead because of how stressed this conversation was making me.

It's not like I wanted to leave him, or Stiles, Or Lydia, Jackson, Danny, or even Allison. They all meant something to me, but this was my twin brother, one I had just got back. He needed to know that this wasn't a choice. And if it were, it wouldn't be easy for me.

" What about me?" He whispered out sadly as he stared into my eyes.

The look he was giving me was enough to break my heart and make me want to stay but I just.... I just couldn't, " Scott, I don't want to leave you but maybe, it's for the best."

" How the hell can you say this is for the best?!I'm losing you!" He shouted desperately at me as he grabbed my hands in his. Again I felt that feeling as he touched my skin, the feeling making me feel guilty and making me want to stay for him.

I closed my eyes tightly as I felt myself getting emotional. I didn't want to cry not again. I took a deep breath and opened my eyes, " Scott, let's face it. Maybe, we need to lose each other. We have been separated or at least on the verge of separation so much recently. It's not healthy, well, at least I'm not healthy. Scott, something is wrong with me and I don't know how to deal with it. The mood swings were Matt's fault but now Gerard has control of Jackson so who the hell knows what I'm going to do under his control."

" We can figure it out, I promise. I know that something is going on with you that you can't explain, like the random connections, but please just stay and we can figure it out. Stiles, me, and you. Together." He said as his grip tightened on my hands but it wasn't hurting me, it was still gentle if anything.

Bringing up Stiles really hit my heart, Doing this would mean I wouldn't get to say goodbye to him. To my partner in crime. A single tear slipped down my face but I quickly shook it off,

" Scott, I cant. Plus, All we do is fight and make up lately. It feels like I'm always finding a reason to be mad at you. Like last night for example, when I blew up on you when you were just trying to protect your mom. Scott, that wasn't right of me. I need to stop hurting you and I think the best way for me to do that is too leave." I said in a small voice. I didn't want to do this anymore than he probably wanted to hear this. I knew that leaving could possibly hurt him more but it was what I needed to say.