~22~

Chapter 22: Batman

Chapter Song: Common Ground by Anthony Ramos

"I'm trying to have patience but my heart keeps on breakin'. Cause I trust you to protect, but you turn your back instead. Too many times I let you get away with murder."

~

It was now 2:58 and I was sluggishly making my way into the library for detention behind Scott who was holding my hand firmly in his making sure I stayed as far away from Jackson as possible. We still hadn't really talked about me forgiving him as well as Stiles and Allison but I think we all just silently did it because it was now as if nothing had changed between any of us.

Scott pulled me over to a table and I'm not gonna lie it really hurt as he pulled on my arm. My shoulder still hadn't healed and I didn't know why but it was killing me. I hadn't told Scott or Stiles and I was hoping Allison wouldn't say anything and that she just thought it healed already.

I winced without him or Stiles seeing as the three of us sat down. Erica decided to sit next us and gave me a look as if saying " What's wrong with you?" She must have caught me wincing once again.

I just shook my head at her and prayed she didn't bring it up while we sat here. I didn't need Scott having another reason to want to kill Jackson other than the fact that he was practically naked in front of me. I told him I was fine and I wanted him to keep believing that.

" We can't be in detention together. I have a restraining order against these tools." Jackson said to Harris who was standing there staring at us as we sat down.

I rolled my eyes at him and put my head in my hands. I just wanted to spend this time sleeping and then when it's over go home and help Isaac, Erica and Boyd with the full moon. I needed all the rest I could get for tonight. And I also needed my shoulders to heal if I had to deal with three carnivorous betas tonight.

Harris groaned to himself, " All of these tools?"

Stiles stuck his hand up guiltily and pointed towards himself and Scott with a sheepish smile " No just us tools"

Harris scoffed and rubbed his head before pointing to the table next to us, " Fine you two over there."

I went to stand up with Scott and Stiles but Harris pointed at me harshly, " Not you. Sit down Miss Hale."

I squinted my eyes at him in anger but plopped down in my seat with an exasperated huff. My arms went right over my chest like a child who was pouting. Erica laughed under her breath at me and I simply flipped her off in a childish manner which only made her shake her head with a smile on her face.

She leaned towards me and gave me a look of concern which I wasn't used to seeing on Ericas face. She usually hated me as much as I hated her but right now she actually looked like she was worried.