~16~

Chapter 16: Behind the Mask

Chapter Song: Go Fuck Yourself by Two Feet

"Cast me far away. Play these little games. Acting all okay, today, today."

~

         As soon as class was over I grabbed Allison, Stiles, and Scott and pulled them into coach's office hoping Erica and Isaac wouldn't see. Once they were all piled in I took a deep sigh, "My dad is waiting outside for Lydia."

Allison looked at me with wide eyes, "Waiting to kill her?"

I nodded my head with a look of guilt, " Sadly, yes. He thinks she's the Kanima. Especially, after what happened at the pool."

Stiles who had been pacing stopped in his tracks and rolled his eyes with a groan,"It's not her."

Scott sighed and gave Stiles a look of sympathy " Stiles,look man she didn't pass the test. Nothing happened."

He shook his head and said with doubt in his voice " It can't be her."

I nodded my head rapidly in agreement. While laying my head on the table I came to the conclusion that it couldn't be her. Not with the way it interacted with me. Lydia and I have a close bond for sure but they way that thing looked at me it was like it needed to protect me like... it understood me. Lydia is sometimes to oblivious to anyone but herself to be that kind of person. I looked around at all of them as they noticed I nodded to what Stiles said, " Stiles is right guys, that is not Lydia when I looked at it I had a connection and I felt different from the one I have with Lydia, trust me. "

Stiles smiled at me thankfully but Scott and Allison still held looks of doubt. I knew what I was talking about and so did Stiles. Just you wait, we'll turn out to be right, just you wait.

Allison then sighed and said "None of that matters because Derek thinks it's her. So either we can convince him that he's wrong or we've got to figure out a way to protect her. " When she said this she was looking straight at Scott as if cutting me off. Stiles joined them too and by that point it seemed as if I was isolated from the group, it had only been a day and it felt like they didn't need me. What happened to Stiles saying I belonged? I literally had been standing there alone for at least 20 seconds and they hadn't even noticed. Maybe, I did make the right decision siding with my dad.... I slowly started backing up until I reached the doorknob and slowly pulled the door open. I took one final glance to see if they even noticed I was gonna leave and no, they didn't even look up or anything. It was then I knew they didn't need me, they'd save Lydia without me. I silently walked out of the room and closed the door behind me.

I had tears in my eyes as I walked down the hall but I never let them fall. I had my head down low as I  walked and suddenly bumped into someone's body and fell to the ground from the impact since I wasn't watching where I was going and I didn't expect it. When I looked up it was Isaac and he was looking at me with worry in his eyes. He held out his hand which I gladly took and pulled me up to him. When he saw the tears brimming my eyes his face became angry, " What happened?"