~17~

Chapter 17: The Jungle

Chapter Song: Finish Line by Daye Jack

"Feeling heavy don't pay it no mind. Tell yourself that you one of a kind. You so fancy, you sweating now. Run this shit keep running child."

~

           I was still in a state of shock as I sat in the back of Allison's car as we drove a confused Lydia home. I don't know how I didn't see it sooner but I guess when I tested him and it didn't work I knew it wouldn't. That's why I wasn't in shock but now that it turns out he really is the Kanima I'm internally freaking out because I didn't know and help him sooner. I can't really be to harsh on myself though because when we tested Jackson I was a horrible person to him when in real life I would never to do that to him, not after how much we had bonded that one night in the school. This was another problem that I needed to deal with and I needed to know soon before I had another "bitch Izzy" moment. I didn't like that feeling of not being myself...sure, I could be a bitch sometimes and that was totally normal but this stuff recently was not. I would be happy one minute and then turn into a totally different person and it was honestly scaring me. If we didn't know Jackson was the Kanima I would personally announce that maybe I was it even though I was already a werewolf. With the things that have been happening I wouldn't doubt it. They say the Kanima doesn't know who it but I barely know who I am.

The whole car ride had been silent but I didn't mind it gave me some needed time to think and relax before everything that was bound to happen tonight went down. After dropping Lydia off at home Allison said she would drop me off with Scott and Stiles...wherever they were. Scott said that they were going to track down Jackson which my dad was doing at the moment as well but taking a more menacing approach. He was out to kill Jackson while Scott wanted to save him. Now, Scott didn't tell me this but it was Scott and that's who Scott McCall is... the hero.

I was still lost in thought as I felt the car suddenly stop and I knew we were at Lydia's house. I finally started paying attention to my two best friends sitting in the front of the car. Both reeked but of different emotions. Lydia was distressed, confused, and maybe a little angry which I didn't blame her for and Allison, well, let's just say she was so nervous and anxious that it honestly pained me having to be in the same car as her and feel her emotions.

I watched Allison yawn before putting her hand to her head and rubbing her temples. Lydia turned too her and gave her a questioning look obviously worried for Allison or wanting an explanation I couldn't tell the difference with her sometimes.

Allison then sighed before turning to Lydia and saying " We, Izzy and I, need you to promise that you won't say anything about what just happened."

"I'll promise not to say anything about what just happened, if you can tell me what the hell just happened!" You could tell how confused Lydia was. I honestly felt bad that she was the only one in the dark about all of this. You would think that we would have told her after she literally got bitten by Peter and made her feel a little less crazy but no we haven't even said a word to her. We honestly were horrible friends to her.