~36~

Chapter 36: Secrets 

Chapter Song: Empath by Nathan Wagner

"A million voices cloud my mind. A shattered heart, a shattered mind. Just tryna have a peaceful night but this stranger's soul is tied to mine."
~

Scott and Isaac dragged the body bag out the door as I scouted out the area, crepping around corners so no one saw us. We were almost to the parking lot but when we rounded the final corner a bunch of doctors decided to walk right past. I stuck my arm out and pushed Scott's body to the wall almost making them drop Jackson's body. I put my pointer finger to my mouth and motioned for Isaac and Scott to be quiet. We couldn't let anyone see us leaving with him. We'd be in deep shit.

I peered around the corner and let out a sigh of relief as the doctors walked to the front door of the hospital and through the glass doors. I began to speed walk around the corner and out into the parking lot. As soon as I was sure no one else was out here I motioned for the boys to follow with a wave of my hand.

We carefully creeped over to Melissa's car, as we came up to it, Scott tossed the keys into the air at me. I swiftly caught the cold metal in my hand making them jingle slightly as I searched for the small control pad to unlock the car and pop the trunk. I was stopped in my tracks and barely had enough time to press the unlock button as a car came barreling into the parking lot blinding me with its headlights.

I held my hand up to block some of the light and it wasn't until the car stopped right in front of me and the engine turned off that I could finally see again. I heard Scott and Isaac panically drop the body bag to ground and try to hide it with their bodies but for some reason I knew this was not necessary. Who ever this was... they weren't a threat, at least that's what my brain told me.

I stood there standing in front of the car waiting for the person in the car with the tinted windows to show their face. They must have read my mind because the driver door swung open for half a second before the person jumped out and I could see who it had been...Chris Argent.

I furrowed my eyebrows at him as the two boys sighed in relief when they realized it wasn't a doctor or even Gerard coming to retrieve Jackson, " What are you doing here?" I questioned

" I needed to talk to someone, more importantly you Izzy." He said as he somberly tucked his hands into the pockets of his jacket.

I looked around him to search for more hunters and when no one came no matter how long I looked I nodded my head at him and said, " Your alone?"

He sighed and shook his head, " More than you know."

" What do you want?" I questioned

He let out a loud breath of air and looked down, " We don't have too much in common but at the moment we have a common enemy."