~29~

Chapter 29: Poison Party

Chapter Song: Heroes (we could be) by Alesso and Tove Lo

"Anybody's got the power. They don't see it, cause they don't understand. Spin around and 'round for hours. You and me, we got the world in our hands."

~
This was by far the lamest party I had ever been to. This was my first glimpse of one of Lydia's famous birthday parties and it was more dead than my uncle peter.

The highlight so far was watching Stiles try to fit an enormous gift through  Lydia's front door which ended up with him falling on his face onto the wooden floor. Besides the joy of watching that everything else has been dead here.

I knew Scott was here too, but I hadn't really seen him because I was too busy scarfing down glasses of punch, I knew she had spiked them with vodka but I couldn't even feel it, it was better to pretend though right? I needed to pretend to be drunk to get through this night, no one was really here and it was boring.

If Lydia wasn't my best friend I would have left awhile ago. I sat by the pool with my feet dangling into it as I drank my 6th glass of Lydia's punch. The ends of my lovely yellow dress were scrunched under my butt and even though I didn't like the idea of my dress being ruined in any way it was better than getting it wet.

It was like Lydia knew when I needed a refill because she was always there to supply me with one before disappearing. I kicked my feet in the water making small little splashes which made me smile.

"Who are we missing? Who haven't we thought of?" A voice suddenly appeared behind me and my face lit up when I recognized it. I had seen him earlier but Lydia dragged me off with her before I could stay with him. I put my glass down on the side of the pool and swiftly pulled myself off the ground.

My feet became cold as soon as I lifted them out of the water but I chose to ignore it as my wet feet padded across the pavement over to my two favorite boys. Scott's face lit up as he saw me and he reached out for my hand as soon as I reached them. I gladly took it in mine and kissed his cheek.

" You look beautiful." He whispered in my ear making me blush. I smiled at him as if to say thank you.

Stiles gave us a look of disgust before shaking his head and looking me dead in the eyes,"Have you seen Jackson? Is he here?"

I shook my head with sadness, " No, not at all. Lydia made me text him earlier to quote on quote 'remind him', but he never responded to me. He's not here though trust me, I searched the whole house."

"Yeah, no ones here." Stiles said with a sigh as he looked around the backyard, tucking his hands into his pockets and rocking on his heels.

"Maybe, it's just early." Scott suggested with a shrug.