~21~

Chapter 21: Lonely Blues

Chapter Song: My Smile is Extinct by Kane Strang

"Here I am, sandwiched between heaven and hell, oh what, they don't exist? Oh well, I wouldn't have gotten into the first one."

~

How did I end up here? Bored out of my mind and sitting alone in the library? Oh yeah now I remember, my friends all accused me of helping Jackson hide his identity as some homicidal lizard. I really know that I should not forgive them but it really sucks not having friends. What sucked the most is that they just so happened to be in the library huddled around a bookshelf in the far right corner. I tried not to look at them but I couldn't help it. They looked like they were plotting and I wanted to be apart of it even though I was supposed to hate them at the moment.

I wish that all my other friends weren't busy at the moment so I could take my mind off of them but just my luck everyone seems to have something to do. Jackson said he wanted to get some workouts in before lacrosse practice, Danny is "studying" for a test with some guy he likes, Lydia's making out with some dumb jock, and Isaac is somewhere with Erica and Boyd leaving me all alone to just hopelessly sneak looks at Scott, Allison, and Stiles.

My history text book looked a lot liked Stiles' Chemistry book as I aimlessly highlighted sentences without even processing the information. I was too focused on how much I wanted to talk to them. The only reason I didn't right here and now was because I didn't want to be the pushover that I always am. I always forgive everyone at the snap of their fingers and I was tired of it even though..... it hurt my heart to be apart from them.

I couldn't take it anymore so I slammed my book shut and grabbed my highlighters before stuffing it all in my bag. I was gonna go find someone and force them to hang out with no matter how busy they were. If I had to watch Lydia make out with someone then so be it at least I would be able to say I wasn't alone.

I walked down the hallway as soon as I got out of the library and examined every inch of the place I was walking down hoping to find someone that I considered a friend. I was starting to think everyone was actually busy and that I wouldn't find anyone until I caught sight of a very familiar boy that I liked to call Jackass from time to time.

I smiled widely and ran over to him and jumped on his back, " Jackson!"

He panicked for a moment as my body collided with his and my arms latched around his neck but soon calmed down as he turned his head to look at me.

" Hey buddy." I said with a goofy smile.

He rolled his eyes playfully ," What do you want Hale?"

I took my arms off of him and jumped off of him before smiling widely at him when he turned around to face me, " I want you to hang out with me. Seeing as I'm not talking to Scott, Allison, and Stiles" I paused and poked him in the chest playfully " you are my best bet. Plus your the first person I found. Also you have a restraining order against them so that means if I'm with you they won't be able to come near me either."