~9~

Chapter 9: Glass Shatters

Chapter Song: Gasoline by Halsey

"Are you insane like me, been in pain like me, bought a hundred dollar bottle of champagne like me just to poor that motherfucker down the drain like me."

~

        When Scott and Isabella reached the ice, she turned to him with her hand still intertwined with his, "So, have you ever skated before?"

He gave her a nervous look and shook his head. She smiled to herself when she realized that she would have to help him and got up on her tiptoes to kiss his cheek softly, " Well, since you've never skated before do you want me to give you a few pointers?"

Scott grabbed her other hand that was vacant of his own and pulled her closer to his body while smirking down at her.

" Izzy.." He pulled her even closer, so that they were only a few inches apart," I don't know if this is news to you or anything, but you do remember the werewolf thing that I have going on? Super speed, strength, and reflexes?"

Isabella raised her eyebrows at him in a very confused manner. She had no idea why that would help with ice skating. Those enhancements had nothing to do with balance and grace, they were very different things.He was in for a surprise if that was really how he thought.

Isabella shook off the look of confusion she had on her face and said with a sweet smile and sass laced in her tone, "So a little ice skating should be easy then?"

Scott nodded his head with a cocky grin that reached up to his eyes, " Yeah."

He was being more than just a little cocky and Isabella knew this would end up biting him in the ass, but she wasn't going to stop him. If he had wanted to believe it was easy then she would let him fail on his own.

Scott let go of her hands and took a step onto the ice with a cocky grin. Isabella took a step back and leaned against the wall surrounding the ice, folding her arms over my chest while smirking as Scott looked back at her with a toothy smile.

"See? No problem."

Scott soon regretted his words as he took another step and his feet slipped from under him. He went crashing to the floor, face down onto the ice.

Isabella covered her mouth with her hands to suppress the laugh that was coming out of her mouth. Scott just laid there with a grimace on his face until she walked onto the ice and helped him up.

She put her arm under his and lifted him up carefully. She let go of him for one second and he began to slip again. Luckily, before he could fall down again, she caught him and lifted him while saying," You sure look like you got it,Scott."