~28~

Chapter 28: Rekindling

Chapter Song: Bless The Broken Road by Rascal Flatts

"I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you, but you smile and take my hand. You've been there, you understand."

~
After Deaton cleaned up my wounds, I was immediately sent to the loft with Isaac. I tried to protest with my father about staying with Scott until he woke up but he wasn't having it. He didn't really trust me with Scott anymore and it was evident in his tone of voice and demeanor. I know he cared for Scott even if he wouldn't show it but everyone knew he cared about me more. He knew when I was with Scott I always threw myself into harms way and it was honestly the truth. As we argued I could see the mistrust he had for Scott and it hurt knowing he was now going to try and keep me away from him. There really was nothing I could do, not against a father who just wanted his daughter to be safe.

I eventually decided to comply but it took a lot of strength not to make Isaac turn the car around as he drove my Camaro home. Scott wouldn't even know that my father was going to be trying to separate us, hell he didn't even say it to me. I just knew...I just knew him.

I quickly forgot about all of that though when I finally reached my room that night. I plopped onto my bed without even bothering to change out of my clothes stained with dry blood. As soon as my eyes closed I was out for the count in a dead sleep.

When I woke up the next day, let's just say it was a very weird way to wake up. I woke up to my dad standing at the edge of the bed watching me with his arms crossed. I jumped and let out a shriek as my sleepy eyes crossed him.

I placed my hand on my chest and glared at him as I stood up out of my bed. I slid my slippers on and turned to him now crossing my arms over my chest too, " What the hell dad?! What are you doing?"

" I was just about to wake you up." He said with a shrug and a nonchalant tone.

" By being creepy and giving me a heart attack?"

He chuckled to himself lowly and kicked his feet against the soft rug I had at the end of my bed, " No, you just happened to wake yourself up before I could."

" Still doesn't explain why you were standing at the foot of my bed. How were you supposed to wake me up from that far away?"

He nodded his head and walked further away from me and to my wall. He then stood in front of the huge cork board I had next to my vanity and above my dresser. He turned his head towards me and motioned me to follow him over there.

I shuffled my feet and walked over. He didn't say anything as I reached him, he just observed all the pictures on it causing me to do the same.  There were several pictures of Allison and I that we had taken on our birthday, and several from when her and I were just goofing off in her room one day instead of studying. There also were several of Lydia and I, every picture of her and I was perfection. Lydia accepted nothing else. We looked happy and silly but they still looked perfect. I had no idea how but they were even with how every picture I never had my eyes open so that my eyes wouldn't send an unnecessary flash to the picture.