Fifteen

Dedicated to thereal_corn

It was barely morning when they were back in the van and on the road. Luce was the one driving this time while Liam was sitting on the passenger seat and the rest were in the back. 

"All right," Chubs said as he looked at the map. "So, we're going to take the next exit and a straight shot."

"Got it," Luce said.

"To Lake Prince?" Ruby asked as she was confused.

Chubs smiled at her. "It's to your house. We're taking you home."

She was in disbelief at what she just heard. She couldn't get a proper reaction out as she was still processing what she was told. Once it hit her, she grew happy.

As daylight officially broke, the driver was already switched. Instead of Luce, it was Liam and Ruby was sitting on the passenger seat.

He parked the van under a bridge before they all got out.

"Are you sure about this?" He couldn't help but ask her.

Ruby turned to look at him as he leaned against the front of the vehicle. "Yeah... No." She nervously chuckled.

That wasn't reassuring to hear, he thought to himself.

Zu came by and hugged the female as the others followed along to the front. Of course, she was returned with a hug by her.

"So if your parents are there I guess," Liam crossed his arms, "I guess this is it."

"Yeah, I guess we'll see."

It was quiet between the two as he fixed the straps from her hoodie. "Don't take any candy from strangers."

She grew serious at his advice. "Thank you."

"Yeah."

Ruby looked at the others, feeling a bit awkward, but she waved at them before she started to walk away. She took a few deep breaths, but then she started to smile a bit.

"Wait!"

Ruby stopped and turned around only to see Luce running to her. When she reached her, she asked, "Did I forget something?"

Luce shook her head. "No, umm..." She took a deep breath, thinking over her words. "Embrace...what you are. You're capable of doing things others can't. Don't let whatever you are make you afraid of yourself. Only you are capable of yourself."

Those were words Ruby wasn't expecting. However, she thought them over and let them sink in. She nodded, smiling a little. "Thank you."

"Stay safe, okay? There's only one Aunt Ruby." She winked at her.

Ruby broke into a small laugh. "Get back to your two-story mansion."

Luce thought about giving her a hug, but she decided against it. Hugs are more personal and attachable...she needs to set her free. "Good luck." She smiled softly and waved at her before she turned around and walked back to the others who were still waiting at the van.