Purple was COPIED

If you're a new reader, this will obviously contain spoilers, but I put this as the first thing to read for a reason.

Thanks to a lovely reader of mine, I have recently discovered that Purple was copied and I'm very disappointed about that. I started writing in 2019 and didn't officially finish until 2020. Their recent update was January 15, 2022.

Yes, I get it, it's fanfic: it gives us an opportunity to take an already-existing story and put our own twist into it. However, it appears this user did that with Purple and decided to not mention in their disclaimer that they did so.

After trying multiple times to respectfully talk to them, I have failed to get a response. Therefore, I guess this is the only option to do...

I don't want to come off as attacking this person and their story, I just wanted to prove with evidence. Maybe this will provide a lesson that those who do copy will eventually get caught one way or another and will have to deal with the consequences.

I didn't want to believe that Purple was copied, but after looking into it and immediately seeing way too many similarities, it was too far from just being a "coincidence

I didn't want to believe that Purple was copied, but after looking into it and immediately seeing way too many similarities, it was too far from just being a "coincidence."

What I did was I took the movie script and watched the movie at the same time I was writing as a way to follow along and add my own parts into it. It's basically inserting my character and adding what she will say, do, etc. I do this with my other stories if they're based on a movie or show—it's how I stay as accurate as possible. Later on, I reread the first book and marked down what I wanted to include. I copied those snippets, changed them up a bit, and added them onto Purple.

In their disclaimer, they claimed they read the book and seen the movie and they'll try to add a little bit of both in their story, but will mostly use details from the book. I find it odd that those same snippets from the book that I used were the same ones they used. As for the movie, like I already mentioned, I followed the script. Maybe they did too, maybe they didn't...

Provided are a few examples I was able to find right away
(Purple on the left, Red on the right)

Provided are a few examples I was able to find right away(Purple on the left, Red on the right)