Twenty-One

Dedicated to -bisexualbubblegum

Once storytime was over, the Black Betty crew got themselves situated in their cabin, Luke helping in whatever he could.

Luce looked at her brother, their eyes glowing purple for a moment before they returned to their browns. She looked down at her bed before she faced the others, getting their attention.

"Hey, do you guys mind if I step out with Luke?" She asked them. "I haven't seen him in so long and we have a lot, and I mean a lot of catching up to do."

Luke added with a hopeful smile, "I think now would be a good time anyway."

Chubs, Zu, and Ruby looked at Liam to answer. Ruby personally didn't have a problem with it. Chubs no doubt would let them do their thing. Zu wouldn't mind as she understood family is family...by blood this time. Liam...

"I don't mind," he told her. "Just don't go crazy." 

Luce for a second gave him a weird look before laughing a little. "Okay, I won't." She looked at her brother and jerked her head to leave, the two heading out of the cabin.

Chubs blinked a few times before he looked at Liam. "Just don't go crazy," he repeated, mocking him. "What is that supposed to mean? Please don't tell me you pulled an Alex on her?"

Ruby raised a brow. "Alex?"

Liam answered, "It was a girl who went to our camp. Luce told us she was a Purple and she knew her, but she got transferred for who knows what."

"Yeah," Chubs added, "and a lot of people think she went crazy."

When Ruby put two and two together, she crossed her arms and gave Liam a look. "Please tell me you didn't pull an Alex on her."

"I didn't!" Liam put his arms up in annoyance. "I didn't mean it that way. I didn't think-"

"You didn't think." Chubs nodded.

"I didn't think it would be taken that way until you mentioned it. Besides, I don't know why I said that... It was just the first thing that popped into my head, okay?" At this point, he looked annoyed. He faced the top bunk and put his arms on it.

Chubs, Ruby, and Zu looked at each other. The three suddenly started to feel bad. Zu pushed Chubs to him, most likely to apologize for giving him a hard time.

"Lee, we're sorry. We were just giving you a hard time."

Liam played with his thumbs a bit. "It's fine."

Ruby took a few steps toward him but made sure to leave enough space between them. "Liam, is something wrong?" 

Chubs looked at the others before he looked at the Blue. "We know you like Luce." Yes, Chubs, just hit him with it. "I mean...it's very obvious, not gonna lie."