Nineteen

Dedicated to NevaRae1

They looked at each other with wide eyes and shocked expressions. Not once did they dare to move, afraid if any movement made then they would be pulled apart.

"That's....that's...."

"Use your words, Chubs," Liam said while patting him in the back as though he was choking.

"That's her brother, man!"

"Why are they just standing there?" Ruby quietly asked.

"Roo, they're having a moment," Chubs told her. "Let them have their moment."

Luce was the first one to say something, "How are you still alive? I thought...I thought...I-I- Oh my gosh." 

She ran to him, the little space in between them, and engulfed him in a hug. When he returned the hug in the same manner, her eyes gave out. She started crying.

She thought her brother died. He thought he would be lost forever.

She had hope he was still alive. He felt what she felt.

She found him. He found her.

He hugged her tightly as though it was the only way to confirm what was happening now is real. He wasn't going to hold back his tears. Guys may have a reputation of not shedding a tear or two, but he didn't care. This is a lot for him.

They soon pulled apart, but only at arm's length. She looked at him as he looked at her. They were examining each other, looking at the years of change on them. Eventually, they let go of each other.

But, the Purple did the unthinkable...she smacked him.

It caught everyone by surprise. Ruby's eyes widened, as well as Liam's. Chubs' mouth opened while Zu covered hers with her hand. 

"Ow!" Luke held onto the spot she smacked. 

She felt it, but it was faint to what he was feeling. "That was for leaving me."

He scoffed. "You think I want to?"

"You could have looked for me!"

"You could have looked for me too!"

"I thought you were dead," she said, finally wiping her tears after all this time.

Chubs chuckled. "That didn't last long though- Ow!"

Liam gave him a look after he smacked him. Now wasn't the time to play around.

"Freaking Luciam," the Blue muttered. "Y'all gotta thing for smacking I see." 

That got the attention of the twins. Luce forgot she was with them while Luke was more curious and protective of who they were and why they were with her.