Happy

Everyone knows before she gave her confirmation.

"I'm engaged!"

We all cheered for her because why not? Dennise is so sure about settling down by the age of 26 or 27. She is now at age for her to settle down and its with the man she saw herself to be with.

We toast for them. Wish them the best. We are all happy for her. LA, even though some people never liked him for Dennise, never gave her reason for her to think they were right. LA treasured her, he made her the queen in his life, gives and treats her the way she deserves.

I am happy. I can see how giddy she is. How secured she is with LA. I know...

I know.

"Picture tayo!"

They took pictures, groufies.

Her smile never left her lips. That twinkle in her eye never faded for one bit. She talks and talks and talks and talks about how he proposed. And everytime she gets to the end of the story, there's shimmer of tears in her eyes... happy tears.

Well, who wouldn't? When you have a great man that loves and cherish you... the man who thinks of you as gold and wouldn't let anyone steal you from him... when the man you love, loves you to death that he wants to share his life with you....

Of course she's happy.

There's a happy buzz in the group. The planning for the wedding, the date, their plan for their future, honeymoon... kids....

The night was so long. There was never a second where she can have her for herself...

Just like how will it always be

She decided to go for a walk, disguised as to buy some more beer for them but really, she silently went out. Her steps ever so slow, Batangas' breeze brings that particular vibe she's been dreading since she learned the news.

She stopped at the area where their old house used to be. There's a big mango tree there she loved to climb when she was a kid whenever she wants some alone time.

"Ly?"

Her heart skipped a beat.

She was so caught up with that old tree memories that she never heard Dennise' footsteps following her.

She turned to look at her. Her new house still in view and she take a glance at it.

The fruit of her hardwork. Of volleyball, of endorsements, of trainings, of her hosting stints...

The memory of her first volleyball game at UST washed through her.

That time when they asked her to play for national team.

The first time she played with Dennise... the first time she met her and the first time they were roomies where when they represented Philippines in Under 18 volleyball tournament.

When she heard Den's been tapped by Coach Roger for Ateneo; even if she knows she owes UST her loyalty, she shamelessly took that hell of an entrance exam others call ACET and entered Ateneo Lady Eagles.

People made her a laughing-stock for that. Ateneo's volleyball program weren't good they said. She's a fool for joining a losing team they said. She might be THE Phenom of Philippine Women's volleyball but never will she taste UAAP championship in Senior's division they said. She could've been Rookie of the Year but because of eligibility issues she has to sit down for one year for residency.

But it was all worth it.

They bagged two champs. Those two were both historic as the first was the first time a 4th seed team beat a team with thrice to beat advanced. But they did that. They beat La Salle the top seed and the queen in UAAP collegiate women's volleyball tournament. Then the other was they were the first team to have 16-0 clean record in UAAP Women's Volleyball to date.