Special Gift #4 Part 8

The first time Alyssa verbally acknowledged that Maureen and Joanne are indeed her new set of parents happened when her old folks cornered her the first time.

So, it's not new that Alyssa would be breathing the same air as her biological parents. They even tried to talk to her once or twice but she got lucky and escaped.

But not this time.

Her mother followed her around when it just so happened that she's on her way to the rest room.

"Alyssa..."

Her mother hugged her while her father had tears in his eyes.

"We were looking for you! Nasaan ka ba, anak? Bakit hindi ka nagsabi sa ginawa sayo ng babaeng yon? Eh di sana–"

"Edi sana what, mother?" Alyssa bitterly snapped.

Her father stepped forward, putting an arm around her mother. "That is not the way you talk to your mother, Alyssa."

Alyssa scoffed then looked away.

"Alyssa ano bang nangyayari sayo at ganyan ka makaasta sa amin?" Her father continued.

"You're kidding right?" She said. "Nakalimutan nyo na?"

"Alyssa, now that you've turned to your senses—"

"Turned to my senses." Alyssa repeated. "Do you hear yourself? And really. Nakalimutan nyo na yung sinabi nyo sa akin years ago? Wala na kayong anak na Alyssa di ba? At nagtataka kayo na hindi ako lumapit sa inyo pagkatapos ng nangyari sa amin ni Dennise? Bakit? Suddenly just because we're divorced anak nyo na ako ulit? Malalapitan ko na kayo ulit sa mga problema ko when before halos mamatay ako noon pero walang magulang ang sumaklolo sa'ken?"

Lita almost sobbed. "Alyssa, kalimutan na natin yon... Napatawad ka na namin anak."

"Napatawad?..." Alyssa let out a sarcastic chuckle. "Are you for real? Napatawad? Did I ever do something wrong? Am I the one who left you all alone?"

When no one answered, "You think just coz you think I'm normal now that you can call me your daughter again? Oh, how convenient!"

"Alyssa, nakakabastos ka na ah!" Her father boomed. "We're your parents! You should respect us!"

"That is not what you told me seven years ago!" Alyssa retaliated. "You made it clear! That you're not my parents anymore and I respected that! I obeyed your wishes... You can't accept me and I understand! So nagtaka pa kayo na hindi ko kayo nilapitan nung niloko ako ng asawa ko? Have you lost your mind?!"

That's when Alyssa saw Maureen and Joanne with concerned look on their faces.

"Babe, you okay?" Maureen said and Alyssa didn't even suppressed her groan.

Her mother and father looked at her and they stiffen in posture.

"Ito ipinalit mo sa asawa mo? Langya, Alyssa... Akala pa naman namin, nagbago ka na!" Mother exclaimed. Now wiping the crocodile tears on her cheeks.

Maureen turned to her wife then to Alyssa, pulling her confused face. "What? What're they saying? You guys... English only please?"

"That's a bit racist you know, Honeybear?" Joanne

To which Maureen and Alyssa just rolled their eyes too.

"Hey. Aly, I saw that." Joanne playfully lectured Alyssa. "Don't roll your eyes on me, kid."

And well... That exchange didn't go unnoticed by Alyssa's biological parents.

"What is this? Who are they, Alyssa? Who are these people you're getting yourself into?" Her father asked, his blood boiling at the thought that her daughter being taken in by these... Kind of people. "Can't you associate yourself with normal people for once?!"

Now Maureen is ready to tackle the old man when Joanne caught her by her waist. The latter ready to bite their asses but paused when she saw Alyssa open her mouth.

"Normal people?" Alyssa said. "You mean people who took me under their wings without knowing me? These people who let me inside their home when I was living on the streets on winter? These people who helped me get up in life without having something to gain? These two lesbians who easily filled the role of being my parents when mine kicked me out for a long time?"

Maureen gasped. "Pookie?"

"Heard it, Mo..." Joanne wistfully answered.

Alyssa looked at the pair then back to her biological parents. "This is who I am... Kung hindi nyo ko tanggap, I don't care. I have a family who I know will support me whatever my choice will be. I also don't care if you think so badly of them. Matagal na ko tumigil gawin ang lahat para lang tanggapin nyo ko. Now, if you have nothing to say anymore, I have to go with my mom and mama now."

***

The first time Dennise bumped into Alyssa while she's with LA, Alyssa blatantly ignored her... Maybe much more than she normally did.

Before, Alyssa would stiffen and would steal a glance at her once or twice.

But when she's with LA, Alyssa acted like she's nothing but a stranger to her.

And the way that Mimi lady looks at them and stares them down didn't made it better.

Worse was when LA would give her a look and expect her to say something or he's expecting her to show him off to her ex-wife who acted like she's nothing.

***

"So. That's Alyssa, huh?"

Dennise looked up to see LA's face.

"Nothing special." LA mumbled.

Dennise just sighed and shook her head.

But the guy isn't quite finished yet. "Really, Dennise. There's nothing special about that girl. It's a surprise she got you to marry her." LA paused for a minute. "But I guess it's no wonder you cheated on her."

It was the first time Dennise did it. Call LA off over bad mouthing Alyssa.

"Can you shut it? Stop saying those things to her because you don't know her. Okay?"

If LA was angry, he didn't show it.

He stared her down and said, "You cheated on her. Doesn't speak so much about love, does it?"

Dennise angrily clenched her jaw and exhaled angrily. "I didn't marry you, did I? I married her."

LA let out a growl and leaned close to her face. "Well, newsflash, Dennise. You cheated on her and got pregnant with my child. She left you and divorced you." He smirked. "In all intents and purposes you two are not married anymore and you know why? You're not faithful spreading your legs for me and got pregnant with my kid. You think she still think you love her because of that? Think again, Dennise."