Nile Isn't Just a River in Egypt, Mate

AN: Lemme just say something about the media guys.

Love, Rosie... who doesn't love Love, Rosie??? Kodaline... who doesn't love Kodaline???

But y'all hate those two for the heartbreak, huh? Moving On plus Love, Rosie is heartbreaking right?

Anyway... we are down to our last chapterS! Got my beer to burp-burp for celebration. Beer foam anyone?

Also, the story cover. It's totally not AlyDen. It's uh... Hajime no Ippo (Knockout sa tagalized anime) which was about Ippo giving up his dream to be world champion because he's in ghost punch or something. So, i basically grew up to Ippo chasing his dreams and now... he's giving up. Like i said, way outside alyden ship but i just found it appropriate. 'It's really over'; like i said shipping alyden doesn't mean i believe they will be canon (or they will be truly together) but there's the eeerrggh tiniest bit of hope... but Den's engagement did it. Killed it. And like Ippo, it doesn't mean he'll forget about boxing like erase it in his entire life. I discussed it in my chapter worth note that it's just physically impossible. He still love boxing, like i will always love alyden, my original ship baby.

Alrighty... none of that blabbering again (sometimes i feel like im pretending to be claire saffitz when in reality im really brad leone without all that charm and socializing skills in him 😁)
Okay... let's get to the last one or two chapters. Let's give Alyssa some at least... closure... i believe 😆

*Also. Time lapse. I admitted that im not good at timelines so no definite timeline. Just timelapses.

**Can i rant for a bit? Nung hindi pa ako nagsusulat dito, nakakarinig na ko ng reklamo about sa nawawalang mga chapters na nasulat nila... and sadly im not immuned to that. Nakalahati na eh! Nakaisang-libong salita na eh! Tapos pag-open ko ulit to continue making the draft nawala! 😠 it's like one shot one kill for me 😢 i can't remember what i wrote (which was partially my fault. I usually write my draft on note first then here then ilang beses ko pa ipo-proof read pero somehow... hindi ko ginawa. im such an idiot sometimes)

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

Three Years Later...

"Hey!"

Alyssa looked around and when she saw who called her she looked down and tried to walk faster.

"Hey, Valdez!"

She sighed and walked slower now. Really. She should have been used to it.

Three years now. She's in her third year now. She's doing good with her studies. Her professors like her; I mean... what's not to like? She's a scholar so naturally, she's a hardworking student. She's matured. They're admiring her because she's maintaining her grades while working as a part time barista at a cafe nearby the university so she's deemed responsible by many; the reason why her profs also hires her for babysitting duties which helps a lot.

Sure she got investments in Philippines and huge amount of savings from all of her endorsements back in the day but she doesn't want to take huge chunks of her savings, not really. So she only uses her money from her volleyball career when she badly needed it.

Well, her friends don't call her kuripot for nothing.

That... plus the feeling of really having a lot of freedom from living by herself. Sure, some people likes to pick on her for being Asian, 'shy type' and the most serious one but she's used to that. Seriously, her bashers makes much more witty insults to her back in the day... and until now actually. From time to time she opens her Twitter and Instagram accounts. Her name now was just either good or bad. The Heroin of Philippine Volleyball or The Insult to her kind which... then again, she's used to. She has come to accept that the world will agree with her and admire her. There's two sides of the coin they say. She knows that and she accepts that.