1

"Smile for the camera Ciara !! "
"Hey, look this way Mel !"

**Click**

- Melanie's POV -

That was the most memorable moments we had together.

Now we were in Elementary school, in fifth grade. I looked to my right and saw my bestest friend beside me finishing up her work. Tomorrow was our graduation to Middle School ! But now we had stayed after school to get done with any undone work we've missed out on.

I looked around the classroom, where everyone else was working. I got done with my work earlier. Me & Ciara always walked home together every day after school, so I had no choice other then to wait for her to finish.

"Melanie, could you come here for a sec?" I heard my teacher say, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I rose up from my seat nervously, and walked over to where my teacher was sitting. "Yes, Mrs. Jones?" I asked.

"Are you done with all your assignments ?" She asked, raising her eyebrow.

"Yes ma'am, I am." I said, while handing her over the papers of all my finished work.

She viewed them, and a smile snuck across her face. "Thank you. You are free to go." She said.

I stood there, thinking on what to say.

"Me & Ciara has to leave together everyday. That's what our mom's instructed." I said, with my head down.

She nodded to let me know that she were listening. So I went back over to my seat and sat down waiting for Ciara.

** About 25 minutes later **

"Okay and.. all done." She said, looking towards me and smiling.

She walked over to the teacher's desk and threw her papers down. Then we heading towards the door.

"Wait ladies." Our teacher said.

We turned around grunting, I was already tired and ready to get home.

"Do you ladies need a ride home?" She asked.

"Yes." We both said at the same time.

"Okay. Just a minute." She said, as it looked like she were straightening up papers.

"Okay ladies, let's go."

---------------------------------------------------------

The whole car ride home Ms. Jones we was talking about graduation, which was tomorrow.

"There's really no rules. The only thing I want is for everyone to be on there best behavior. Make sure you come properly dressed & just have fun for your last day in Elementary school. Middle school is coming in a couple months & I want the best for you two. The both of you are smart and intelligent girls, so I think both of you would make it all the way through."

"Is this it?" She asked, turning towards us two in the back seat.

"Yes ma'am." I said.

I shook Ciara to let her know that we were home.

We got out of the car, thanked our teacher and made our way up the stairs. We lived in Apartments, so we lived a couple doors down from each other.

"Go on Melanie. I have my house key. I just want to make sure you get in the house safe." Ciara said, while hugging me.

"I love you, Ciara." I said, while pulling away.

I knocked on my door a few times, until my dad answered.

By time I looked back, Ciara was already in my house, maybe even in the bed by now.

I smiled to myself and let my dad close the door behind me.

"So how was your last day of school and are you ready for your graduation tomorrow ?" He asked.

"It was good, just a little tired now. Yes, I am ready. But I'm just a little scared daddy. What if Middle school is hard and not like Elementary ?" I asked.

"Oh, you'll be fine. Remember I was in Middle school many years ago. It wasn't bad at all. Just stay out of trouble, and stay away from trouble. You'll be fine sweetheart. Are you hungry ?" He asked.

I shook my head no.

"I'm heading to bed." I said, as I jogged upstairs to my room.

I got undress and changed into my comfy pajamas and jumped into my bed.

Then I slithered off into a deep sleep.