3

* Ciara's's POV *

"Today my dad will be taking us to graduation, so therefore we done have to catch the bus." I said, turning towards Melanie.

Melanie had her head down, so in that case, I knew something had to be wrong.

"Melanie, are you okay ?" I asked, putting my arm around her shoulder. She looked so pretty in that dress.

"By the way, you look beautiful." I said, but still got no response.

* Melanie's POV *

I wanted to tell Ciara so bad about my uncle's little secret. I was gonna tell her, just not right now.

"Yes, their is something bothering me and something I should've said a long time ago. But I promise I will tell you later." I said, forcing a smile.

Ciara went with what I said and nodded.

And that's one thing I liked about Ciara. She wouldn't pressure you about it. If you weren't ready to say, she would wait instead of forcing it out of you.

When we got to her apartment, her dad was standing in the kitchen, drinking out a cup of coffee, I figured.

Me and Ciara went up to her room.

"So what do you think I should wear for graduation?" She asked me.

I shrugged my shoulders at her question.

"What all do you have?" I asked.

She opened up her closet wide, to where I could see.

I walked over to where she was standing and something automatically caught my eyes.

It was this purple dress with butterflies on it. I stared at the dress.

I looked at her as she took it out my hands and changed into it.

Ciara and I were comfortable with seeing each other naked by now.

When the dress was all the way on, I couldn't help but to smile.

"How are you gonna do your hair?" I asked her.

"I hope you would flat iron it for me?!" She said.

I nodded my head and we went into the bathroom as we gossiped and I flat ironed her hair.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The whole time we were gossiping, all I could really think about was how I was gonna tell her about what my uncle did.

My smile had faded and little before I knew, I had dropped the flat irons.

Melanie jumped forward. "Ouchhh!" She screamed in pain.

I didn't notice that I had burned her.

"I'm so sorry Ciara." I said, bowing my head down.

"It's fine Melanie. Do you want to tell me what's bothering you now ?" She asked, while her right hand held the back of her neck and her left hand picked the flat irons up off the floor.

"Okay. I think I'm ready." I said, taking one last deep breath.

"Okay, so you know how both of my parents are gone every time I wake up in the morning and my uncle is there right ? So for a very long time. I have no idea why I've been hiding it for so long, my uncle has been touching me in my private place. It's been a routine ever since I was around like... Nine... I know I should've been had said something, I just didn't know how."

Tears started streaming down my face. I was so embarrassed. What if Ciara didn't wanna be my friend anymore because of this secret that I kept from her ? What would happen to my uncle if anyone else found out ?

I calmed down when she held me closely, to where I could feel her heartbeat.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Melanie ... Ciara ... Let's go or we're gonna be late for you guys graduation." Melanie's dad called from downstairs.

Ciara helped me wipe my tears and we rushed downstairs.

"I promise I will get you help. Could you just put this on hold till after graduation ? " She asked

I nodded, as we were on our way downstairs.

--------------------------------------------------------

"Is every thing okay?" Ciara's dad asked.

"Yes." We both said at the same time.

He shurgged it off and we headed to the car.