4

* Ciara's POV *

My mind was thinking all kind of things after Melanie told me about what her uncle has been doing to her. He was a bad man for what he has been doing. Hopefully, after graduation I could sit her and my dad down so she could tell her what she had told me. My dad is a police officer, so I knew she was in good hands. I wonder if her parents knew about it ? But I doubt they did.

I shrugged off the sick thought of it and thought ahead to graduation.

When we pulled up to the school, there were a lot of cars parked. The line was lined up outside full of people. But since we were the graduates, we wouldn't have to wait in line.

We got out of the truck and held hands as we crossed the street.

We skipped through the line to the front desk.

They let us in and we walked to the auditorium where the other students were.

I looked towards Melanie. Now, you couldn't tell anything was wrong and that was a good thing. So nobody would look at her crazy during the graduation.

I put my arm around her shoulders and there it was, the smile I've been wanting to see.

-------------------------------------------------------

* Melanie's POV *

I almost jumped when Ciara put her arm around me, good luck I didn't. It felt good knowing that I had someone by my side to comfort me.

We found 3 empty seats for me, her, and her dad. My parents claimed that they would be here, just a little later.

We sat down, soon they would start to begin.

Until then we looked around at the others and whispered to each other every time a cute boy walked by.

We'll talk about boys, but we'll never actually be around boys. Well, just not yet.

* Ciara's POV *

They started calling out names and each student went to stand with their prize.

They called my name and I walked up, without thinking about the big crowd. I waved at my dad and Melanie.

I looked through the crowd that were standing up in the back and spotted out Melanie's parents.

The thought came through my mind and my smile faded, so I grabbed my prize and went to sit down were the other students were sitting.

* Melanie's POV *

I looked behind me at the crowd that was standing up in the back and spotted my parents. That brightened up my day, because I thought they weren't gonna be able to make it.
I waved at them to let them know that I was grateful for them being here.

They called my name and I walked up to claim my prize.

I looked through the crowd and smiled nervously. I remember I use to be shy to stand up in front of alot of people, but it's going away quick.

I walked over to the other students who's already been up, and sat down next to Ciara and held her hand.

The whole entire school knew we were best friends.

We sat there quietly, until the graduation was over.