29

* Melanie's POV *

We went downstairs to join my parents in the dinner.

"Hey Dad." I said.

"Hi baby, hi Ciara." He said.

"Hey." She said back

We all sat down at the table where there was green beans, steak, salad, Mac -N- Cheese, shrimp, cornbread, mashed potatoes and sweet tea.

Everytime when my mom cooked, she did it big. There was always leftovers, and the leftovers would go to homeless shelters. Sometimes we might even would just walk down the street and hand them out. One thing about us, was we loved helping other people. And if I was ever to hit the lottery, the first thing I would do is build a homeless shelter, and then take care of me and mines. It was only fair.

*

"Ciara, would you mind saying grace?" My dad asked.

"Sure, why not?" She said.

"Father God, thank you for this day. Thank you for being able to store food into our months. Please the hands of the people who made it. Please bless the ones that can't have it, and the family's that are struggling to get it. Please look after us after this day and so on. In the name of Jesus, amen."

"Amen."

"Amen."

"Amen."

"You all may dig in, I really don't have that much of an appetite." My mom said.

"Are you sure mom ? What's wrong?" I asked.

"Oh nothing.. I have no idea. But I'm fine honey, you all just eat." She said.

*

Me, my dad and Ciara all dug in our plates.

--------------------------------------------------------

* Ciara's POV *

"Well dinner was great Mel." I said, as we walked back to my apartment.

"Yes, it was actually." She said.

"I'm still wondering why haven't your mom because a chef yet. Cause her shit be on point !" I said.

"Lol, well." She said.

"So when do you plan on showing James what you got him." I asked.

"First of all his name is Jamal. I don't know who James is. But I don't know. I guess the next time we see each other. He's been asking me did I wanna go on a date, hopefully before school starts back. So I guess we'll just go on from there." She said.

"Well okay. Well I think you guys look good together and I wish you guys the best ! And if he ever hurts you, or make you cry.. I swear to god I'll kill him." I said.

"But anywho, what do you wanna do tonight ?" I asked.

"Honestly... Sleep." She said back.

"Oh bitch." I said.

"Well I guess. But tomorrow night, hopefully you'll go out with me. Might go to the strip club, told you I wanted to turn up before my days over." I said

"And I promise we will turn up. Starting tomorrow night, we can do whatever you want. How does that sound ?" She said.

"Say Nomo." I said.

Shit, after a long day, I took me a shower and got comfortable too, hell.

We watched t.v. until we fell asleep.