12

* Melanie's POV *

Boy time sure does flies...

Just yesterday we were just graduating to middle school, now we're halfway through highschool !

I looked in the mirror one last time until I left to go to Ciara's house.

I grabbed my purse and went downstairs. "Morning mom." I said. She was wiping the tables. "Good morning to you too baby." She said back. "Are you hungry?" She asked. "No, I'm good mom. I'm gonna eat breakfast at school." I lied.

"Love you Mom." I said, then kissed her on the cheek.

*

I got to Ciara's door and before I could knocked the door opened wide.

"Oh you're up ? I thought I was gonna have to come in and pour water on you again." I said.

"Yeah yeah, I'm ready. Let's go."

"Gosh. Cheer up Ciara, it's the second semester of high school. We're almost there ! Then we won't have to keep waking up each and every morning having to worry about this shit." I said.

"You hear me girl?" I asked.

"I can't help but to hear you." She said. God knows this girl had a slick mouth on her. I feel sorry for the boy she is seeing, with that smart mouth.

We got into the car and was on our way to school. We made it there at the perfect time, cause they had just ring the first bell. Which means we had 5 minutes to get to class.

We hugged and made our way to class .

-----------------------------------------------------------

* Ciara's POV *

At lunch time, we got our trays and sat down.

It wasn't long until more friends came to sit by us.

"Have you guys heard about James Nelden's party tonight ? He said everyone's invited." Derek said.

"Haven't heard of it." I replied.

"Mel, you down?" I asked.

"Uhh, I don't know. I have alot of homework to catch up on." Mel punked out, like always.

"Girl, screw that homework. I will have someone do that for you and have it turned in by the end of the day." I said, while eyeballing the smart one out of the group.

"Sure, why not?" Gene said, sticking his hand out to grab Melanie's work.

"Thanks alot Gene." Melanie said.

Gene rolled his eyes.

"I promise I'll buy you lunch tomorrow." Melanie said.

"Nah, it's good. It's not that much anyway. I'll have it to you by time lunch is over." Gene said.

*

And he was right, it was all done before lunch was over. Gene was pretty much the most smartest guy in school. He skipped dang near middle school because he was so smart.

"You sure you don't want me to buy you lunch tomorrow ?" Melanie asked.

Gene hugged her, then walked away.

She was totally pushing it.

"Enough with him, we have to see what we're wearing to this party tonight." I said.

"I don't think I have anything party-ish. So you mind if I wear something of yours?" She asked.

"Not at all." I said.

----------------------------------------------------------

When the day was over, we headed home, and went straight to my closet.

We HAD to be the badest tonight.