Chapter 1 part 2

Chapter 1 part 2

A week later, rumors of Rize's leave spread throughout the ward.

The 11th ward had become infested with humans. Everywhere and everyday there would be doves walking down the streets searching for Rize. It became so bad that Noboru forbid me to go hunting by myself. Because of this, Noboru decided that it was time for us to move.

"Why are we leaving?" I asked him as I packed up my stuff.

"It's far too dangerous for us to stay here. The doves are starting to take the lives of other ghouls here."

"But I don't want to leave! This is our home, they're the ones who should leave!" I slammed down my clothes in my bag.

Noboru got down on one knee and held onto my hands.

"We're both strong we can take them down" I murmured.

"Megumi, strength isn't everything. We may be strong but there are alot of things that we lack in. This was the only decision that I could make right now."

Without saying another word, I held in my breath and continued on packing. Anything I couldn't bring had to be burned or else they'd have our DNA samples. I stuffed all the clothes and blankets I couldn't bring and stuffed them in a bag.

I ran over to my drawers and threw all of my stuffed toys, accessories, and other small trinkets into garbage bags. Frustrated and confused I felt tears of rage roll down my face.

This is fucking stupid! Why must we suffer. This would all end if only we took over the CCG headquarters. Running away only makes us look like cowards.

I then marched to our second closet and pulled out a small brief case for my wigs and other disguises. As I was walking over to my room I froze in front of Noboru's room. Through the small crack I could see him sitting on his bead with his face covering his face. Hanging around his wrist were rosary beads. I only saw him holding those whenever he was put into a difficult situation.

As much as I hated the idea, there was no way I could ever blame Noboru for doing this. He's been watching my back for a long time, he doesn't deserve this hate. But I had a strange feeling of anger swelling up inside of me.

When night came, Noboru argued that I had to stay home so that he could go get food and burn the bags. He told me to stay in my room and open the door for no one. As he sat by the door, putting his shoes on, I quickly hugged him tightly.

"Please, be careful."

"Don't worry about me. If anyone tries to come in, I want to climb out the back window and run away. Don't wait for me." he said softly.

"But-" He slightly turned his head to look at me. His eye became red and stared at me.

"This is an order. I'm not asking you. What's important is that you get away, I'll come find you." his eyes softened and his voice was mellow.

"Please don't worry about me, please worry about yourself."

Before he left, he took the extra key from under the rug and quietly closed the door. I watched him leave from the window as he packed in all of the bags in the trunk. Once he drove off, I tip toed to my room and laid in my bed.

I turned off all the lights and closed all of the curtains. I lit a candle on the floor so I'd be able to see. I laid on the floor for what felt like hours. I turned on my phone, it was only 12.

I had nothing in my room. My bed had no covers or blankets, closet filled with blackness, and drawers barren. I turned onto my back and stared up at the ceiling. Within minutes my eyes grew heavy, soon I was completely knocked out.

Although my lids were closed I could see that there was light. I opened my eyes and found myself in an empty dim room. I extended my arms out in front of me and tried to feel my way around the room.

"Hello?" I called out.

The floor felt like it was tile or marble, definitely not our home. There was no way that this could be our kitchen. After wandering around aimlessly I finally stumbled into something. My toe touched something small, but it was neither plastic nor metal.

I knelt down to the ground and swept my hands on the floor, searching for it. Once I found it, I rolled it around my hands trying to figure out what it was. It wasn't really round like a sphere and it wasn't totally rubber.

I reached in my pocket, hoping to god that I have my phone. I fished out my cellphone and turned it on. The item that I had picked up looked exactly like a severed finger. The nail was all black and rotten but the blood at the end was fresh.

My breathing stopped and my eyes widened. Suddenly the lights turned on and all around me were piled of fingers and toes. Blood was spattered everywhere. I held my hands to my mouth to stop myself from screaming but right when I touched my face I felt something wet.

My hands were dripping with blood. I looked down at my dress and saw that blood was smeared all over me. It looked as though bloody hands have been touching me this whole time.

The room echoed with my screams. My eyes were so engulfed with the horrifying sight that it was hard to shut them. Once they were close, I quickly opened them again.

I was drenched in cold sweat. I was back in my room. The candle was so small that there was a small flickering flame left.

Bang! Bang!

I flicked my head over to the door. The main door knocked several more times, each knock growing louder and louder.