Chapter 9 part 2

Chapter 9 part 2

Before we went, Noboru put his cloak on me and pulled up the hood, just in case we were stopped by some agents.

Noboru ran ahead, killing any agent that stood in our way. He held my hand tightly as he stormed through the halls. We hurried downstairs and once Yamori's door was in sight, I stopped immediately.

"Megumi?" he looked back at me.

Sudden flashbacks of the horrors in that room forced me to back away from the door.

"Megumi, it's okay. I'm here now, he won't hurt you." he tried to reach out in front of me but still I stepped back, shaking my head.

At the end of the hall, the sounds of screams and gunfire grew louder. On walls, both of us were able to see the shadows of a massive group of agents.

"Megumi, please." Noboru held his hand out to me and gave me a desperate look.

Again, I looked back at the door still shaking. My lips trembled and my hands felt tingly. I wasn't sure if I had the guts to go back in. Already I could hear the echoes of screams in my head growing louder and louder. I shut my eyes tightly and covered my ears.

"Megumi, Megumi..." Noboru's voice began to fade, growing fainter and fainter like he was walking away.

He shook violently, trying to wake me up from my nightmare.

"Hey, listen up!" he scolded me. "You have to be brave. Right now Kaneki needs us in there, please Gumi. Be brave."

I held my breath and gripped onto his hand. In the nick of time we hurried inside and leaned against the door, listening to their footsteps. Within a minute, everything had quiet down.

A loud giggle echoed the room. Noboru got up first but I tugged on his arm to make him sit down.

"I didn't expect this guy to have visitors." a familiar voice laughed.

Right in front us was Yamori's mangled corpse and a boy standing on top of him. His hands were stained red, had a knife. I then realized who this boy was, Juuzou. Knowing his capabilities, I tried to pull Noboru back.

"Gumi, don't worry about me. Keep yourself away from this." he whispered to me.

Noboru walked up a few feet closer to Juuzou, showing his face in the light. His kagune burst out and striked Juuzou first.

Juuzou leapt off the body and ran up behind him trying to attack him from behind. Noboru spun around and tried to whack Juuzou but he was too quick. The boy tumbled around the room, dodging all of his strikes.

Growing tired of the boy's tricks, for the first time in several years, Noboru summoned all six of his tentacles from his kagune. He used all of them simultaneously pulling at the kid and then smacking him away. There was just so much going on that it was hard to keep track of.

Juuzou was flung into the air and right when Noboru was about to make his hit, a quick flash sliced two of his tentacles off. Blinded by pain and anger, Noboru accidentally hit Juuzou, pushing him in my direction.

Juuzou looked at me, trying to see my face but then an idea popped into his head. Noboru's eyes widened once he saw him running straight to me.

"NO! LEAVE HER OUT OF THIS!" he screamed as several tentacles slithered over and tried to drag him away.

Juuzou grabbed hold of my legs, pulling me along with him. Noboru lifted him off the ground and tore him off of me. But then Juuzou cut off the other two tentacles that held me. I fell onto the hard floor and tried to pull myself up.

I looked back at Noboru, his face was tired and in pain but still he held onto to Juuzou, who was trying to cut off the ones holding onto his legs. From the look of his condition, it seemed that he didn't have the energy to keep on fighting.

"Go!" Noboru yelled.

I shook my head as I got off the floor. I felt that he was doing this because he didn't want me see him die or get hurt.

"I said go!" he repeated.

I stood still. One side of me warned me that it was best to leave but the other side was guilty for being so selfish. After all these years, all he's done was protect me and I never paid him back for it. Leaving him was always a cowardly thing for me to do, but still I always followed it.

I stared back at him sorrowfully. He sighed and used one of his cut up tentacles to pick me up and place me over by the other door. Once he released me, I sprinted over to him and embraced him tightly.

He hugged me back and kissed my forehead. Once he was done, he pushed me away.

"Go." he ordered with his back slightly turned.

This time, I followed his orders and ran out the room. I ran out into the halls blindly, with tears blocking my vision. As I sprinted around the building, I suddenly bumped into someone.

Standing in front of me was a member of the Aogiri tree. Once he realized who I was, his kagune came out ready to strike me down. I crawled back. My heart raced and my whole life was starting to come into mind.

All I could do was cry. To die pathetically was not the way I wanted to disappear. The man hit me into the wall, creating a huge indent. His tail came up again and kept smacking me into every wall of the hall.

I laid on the floor, all beaten up. I was too scared to fight, even if I survived what will I do? Where would I go? I'm pathetic now.

"The One-Eyed Ghoul was foolish into thinking that your power would be worth to help our cause." He sneered. "Look at you! You can't even protect yourself."

He flung me into the end of the hall, where a pile of bodies were. He turned me over and laughed at my face, spitting and insulting me.

"Looks like that Noboru was also an idiot. He's probably dead. No worries, maybe now I'll be bumped up."

His insults were slowly burning into my skin. My head was starting to hurt from his insufferable voice and chortling.

YOU'RE SHIT, CRAP AND A DUMBASS! DON'T YOU DARE SAY SUCH THINGS ABOUT ME!

"A cannibal like you working for us? You're worse than the humans who try to kill us. You're nothing but shit on the floor. And you partner is-"

I blinked my eyes twice, snapping out of my rageful daze. The man began to spit out blood and choke up. I was surprised to see a kagune pierced into his stomach. When I traced it, I gasped to see that it was in fact attached to me.

I pulled it out of him, in shock to see my kagune again. Although it was only one, it was a relief to see it again. With it, I got up from the floor and began to stab the fool several more times.

As he laid on the floor choking on his own blood, I knelt down and began to eat him. Once I finished him, I turned around and had an uncontrollable impulse to feed off of the rest of the ghoul corpses.

The taste of their flesh brought back memories of my violent days. I recalled my cocky attitude and the exciting fear that my victims had in their eyes. All of this emotions suddenly reminded me of my superior power.

When my eyes opened up, I could feel it change. The excitement and rush of power was surging through my body. My urge to kill was twice as strong as it was before. That's what I wanted and longed to do! Kill! That desire for revenge overwhelmed me.

Without even noticing, all six of my kagune were out but they seemed different. They seemed edgier and had smaller sharpened blades sticking out of the original ones. The blades appeared to be several times bigger than they usually were.

"What the hell is that?" I turned my head and saw several agents standing at the other end of the hall.

I gladly stood up and raced toward them, shielding myself from their bullets. Once I was close, I tore them apart and danced in the puddles with a huge grin on my face.

It just felt so good to be back again.