Chapter 7 part 2

Chapter 7 part 2

For the past few days I've been nursing Tsukiyama back to health and worked on the restaurant. Making sure that everything was clean and that word was getting around about our new dinner. Soon a week had gone by and this time we stuck together to go hunting.

However, everytime I went out I had to keep my head low and wear a baseball cap to cover my head and face. When dinner night had finally came, I received another new dark dress and wore my thick, feathered shawl.

When the massacre was over, Tsukiyama and I sat down to observe the lot.

"You seem very distracted." He said as he took a drink of his "wine"

"Last dinner, there was this strange guy watching me eat. He looked really creepy and suspicious."

"Tell me, what did he look like?"

"He had a very heavy built and narrow eyes. I couldn't see the rest of him since he sat all the way at that corner. But I don't see him here today."

"Well, on the bright side your name has finally died down. People no longer talk about the incident here and most of the crowd here don't even know your real name. There seems to be new gossip in the streets."

"New gossip? What could everyone be talking about? Nothing's really happening."

"That's where you are wrong, ma colombe. There seems to be a group lurking around the streets at night, terrorizing the CCG's and some ghouls."

"Who are they?"

"They call themselves the Aogiri Tree. I advise you to be extra careful at night."

The next morning Tsukiyama had me go on an errand and pick up his suit at the tailors. Since my name was cleared, I decided not to wear a disguise today. The streets seemed a bit more empty. I looked around at people' faces and noticed how cautious they all were.

Do these people know about the Aogiri Tree?

On my way back, I decided to go take a quick break and tell Tsukiyama that there was a big line at the tailors. Across the street was the coffee shop Kaneki worked at. If I went over there, I could apologize for Tsukiyama.

Right when my foot touched the road, I felt someone slam right into me, making me fall straight to the ground. When I took a peak, I was surprisingly hovering over the cement. I looked over and there was some...person clinging onto my arm.

The person pulled me right up and back to the same side I started.

"My apologies I was a bit distracted." He apologized.

"It's fine." I checked on Tsukiyama's suit.

"Is it damaged?" he pressed his hands together and since his hands were right in front of me, I couldn't help but notice what were on them. Are these...stitches?

"N-No," I said uncomfortably. "um...are you hurt?"

"Nope, I'm perfectly fine. Oh do you know where I can find a police station?" From the distance he stood, I was able to take a whiff of him. He smelt really good, making my stomach grumble quietly.

"Well, I kinda do. I know how to get there but I don't really know the directions that well. If you follow me I can lead you there." I smiled sweetly.

"Thanks, I appreciate it."

I led the mysterious boy around the city. I slowed down a bit so we were walking in the same pace. I observed him as he was looking at the stores we passed. His stitches were everywhere, my guess is that this kid is some kind of trouble maker.

I led him to a less populated area so no one would be able to hear his screams as I tore him apart, limb from limb. But then I smelt something strange in the area. The smell grew stronger and stronger.

Right when I turned around, the kid has already moved in to tackle me down. I was a second close to revealing my identity but the only thing that stopped me was the ghouls I saw over his shoulder.

The boy took out a knife and began to viscously tear apart the other ghouls. I sat on the ground, trembling in shock. If I tried to attack his guy, I would've been killed. Due to my lack of ghoul flesh I have grown weaker, even my kagune had shrunk.

The more I watched, I suddenly realized that the knife in his hand was definitely a quinque.

How the hell did this kid get a quinque?! Is it possible for this boy to be an agent of CCG?!

If I ran away, would he try to chase me down and kill me too? Would that only make me seem suspicious? Would killing him help me or get me killed? At this situation I had no idea which option to choose, eventually he'll find out that I'm a ghoul but then again he's seen my face.

By the time I looked up, he was already standing in front of me. He held out his bloody hand for me. My hands shook vigorously as I lifted it. Once my hand touched the sweet smelling blood on his hands, I gulped hard hoping that my kakugan wouldn't show.

"You okay?" he asked.

I nodded and tried my best to walk steadily beside him.

"Where did you learn to fight like that?" I asked.

"I guess you can call it training. I was an entertainer at a restaurant and mother had me work hard to please the audience." he suddenly seemed dazed, his eyes stretched wide and stared off.

This was starting to sound strangely familiar. I remember Tsukiyama teaching me about Scrapers. Could this boy be one of them?

When we finally reached the police station, I gripped his hand and shook it.

"Thank you very much for bringing me here." he smiled. "I'm Juuzou Suzuya."

"I'm Gumi." I said nervously, I accidentally said my revealed my name. "And thank you for saving me."

He waved me goodbye and went in the station. Once I was at least a block away, I finally let out my breath.

"That was way too close." I heaved.

That kid's scent had aroused my hunger and my curiosity to what he must have tasted. I lifted my head and saw the coffee shop shop that I was trying to get to before.

As I was walking up to the cross walk, I had a strange feeling, like I was being watched. There was a scent lingering here, an unknown ghoul was close by, very close by.

Once it was okay for me to cross, I quickly ran to the other side of the street. I had finally reached my destination, the smell of coffee was so strong that I felt as though I was already inside.

I reached my hand out to grab the door but then someone covered my face and mouth, then I was dragged somewhere. All I could see was pitch black, it's a kidnapping!

I thrashed around, hoping that the kidnapper would drop me but it was no use, the kidnapper was too strong for me. After several more attempts the kidnapper dropped me to the ground and bashed my head.