Chapter 2

Chapter 2 Mud

I laid my head back down on the car, crying about my short life. I didn't want to fall off the edge and be run over by cars or fall on top of sharp rocks, but they had to save the lady in the car.

The woman in the car, sat still but her hands were shaking rapidly. If any of us moved, both the lady and I would fall to our death.

"Mado, what should we do? The young man asked.

The geezer laughed at his question and took out his quinque.

"There's no need to worry. I'll just cut this part of the car off, along with her limbs." he raised his weapon and right before he could slash my arms, I decided to push myself off the car.

I was free falling into a pit of darkness. My body was suddenly hit by something hard. I landed on my back, just by the feel of it my guess was that it was some tree.

I opened my eyes. I sat up and and observed my location. I was stopped by this tree growing side ways on the cliff, not so far down was a whole forest. A couple miles away was a road.

"Finally, something good." I chuckled.

I prepared myself to leap off the branch but then something stopped me. I looked up at the lights from all the cars and agents gathering.

"Noboru...I promise that they'll never find me. I hope that I'll see you again."

When I heard more voices overlapping, I quickly climbed down and began to run through the thick forest. I glimpsed behind me and saw several rays of light pointing down at the area I fell. That old creep must be looking for me.

I ran faster and faster, bumping into several trees and tripping over roots. My legs were covered in mud, my hands had small cuts from all the branches, and my stomach growled furiously.

I kept on running until my legs felt weak. Eventually, I passed out from exhaustion and starvation.

The cool wind woke me up from my peaceful sleep. I was forced to get up and actually think my plan through.

"Where am I?" I grumbled to myself.

I took a quick whiff of the air and smelt the sweet scent of morons close by. I pulled myself up and walked over to the smell. Soon, I was standing right in front of a busy highway. Everyone was sitting in their cars, complaining about the traffic or on their phones.

I went around each car trying to get a ride from someone. I was lucky to find some family who took pity on me. I laid in the back seat, I tried to zone out their voices and get as much rest as possible.

"Hey brother, look it! We're here in the city!" their kid popped his head to the backseats.

I forced myself to stay calm so I wouldn't change in front of them. I sat up and gazed around the city.

"Tell me dear, would you like to join us for lunch?" the mother asked.

"Thank you for the offer but I must go." I opened the back door and ran over to the sidewalk.

With no money or a place to stay, I knew what I had to do. I looked around for a map and observed it.

Crap, I can't read this shit.

I didn't really have a good source of education when I was growing up, so I couldn't even read most of the map.

I looked over to this blonde kid standing next to me. He had his headphones on so I tugged on his shirt to grab his attention.

"What's up kid?" He smiled.

"Um.." I felt so embarrassed to ask him for helping me, I could feel myself blushing but I had to remember that I have to act as a boy.

"Can...can you help me read these?"

He looked confused at first but then he let out a small chuckle and began to explain where I was and the nearest apartments here.

"Th-Thank you." I forced a smile.

"No prob." he let another laugh and scratched his head. "It's funny, you remind me of my friend. He's a pretty shy guy too, anyways good luck kid!"

He waved to me and I waved back. I happily skipped away over to the direction of the apartments.

"Now, time to find a temporary home."

Authors Corner:

I usually give little hints to the characters here. Guess who she met!