Chapter 15 part 2

Chapter 15 part 2

I scurried over to my room and changed my clothes. Once I was all dressed, I skipped downstairs to see if Kanae stayed over. I asked several maid but all gave me the same answer, he went out a while ago. Since I had no specific work, I decided to take a stroll around the city.

Even though I knew that Noboru would be around, I felt no sense of fear. I went over to the door and put on my boots. The morning was fairly nice today, bright sunny but not too hot. I reached in my purse and rang Touka.

"Hello?" She seemed to be cranky today.

"Touka, let's go out. I have a day off today and I have nothing else to do. I don't want to waste such a lovely day."

"You may have the day off but I have school to worry about and work. I really don't have the time to play around today, Gumi."

"Ah come on, just ask your boss for a break."

"I hope you know that breaks aren't usually an hour long."

"I'll come by to visit you later then? I guess I could keep on walking around here."

"Sorry Gumi, but I really have to go now." she quickly hung up.

I searched my contacts, trying to find someone to hang out with. While I was walking, my face was glued to my phone, desperate to find some company.

"Am I really this lonely or am I just really busy?"

I came by a familiar scent in the air. I took in a deep breath and followed this smell, pushing anyone in my way. This smell led me to an alleyway, between two small bars. Over by the dumpster was a man, beating up another guy.

"Knock it off!" I hollered.

The man froze, with his fist still up in the air. The man slowly turned around to meet his challenger.

"You?!" He gasped.

I squinted, trying to make out this face.

"You?!" I too gasped when I realized who he was. "Naki, why am I not surprised that you'd be here at the ganky side of the city."

"What?! How dare you speak of me like that, you insolent brat! Where are your manners!?"

"Don't treat me like a child, what are you doing here? Are you spying on me?!"

"Please, I have better things to do. I need to regain my strength, surely you'd understand that,cannibal."

"So what, I have a rare palette. Big deal." I scoffed.

Naki rolled his eyes and began to tear apart his meal.I walked closer to him with my hands up in the air, showing him that I came in peace.

"What do you want?" He growled.

"Nothing. I was just walking around the city but then I smelt your scent. Frankly, I was just lonely and have no one else to talk to today."

Naki ripped off one of the guy's arm and handed it to me. I leaned against the wall and took a bite.

"You seem pretty beaten up, I'm guessing that you ran into Tsukiyama."

"Even worse, while I was fighting him off a group of Doves came in the fight. The whole plan just turned to crap!"

"How devastating..." I mumbled into my meal.

"Yes, yes it is devastating! How dare those fools intervene!" He cried out. "Although, I want you to do me a favor..."

"Considering the fact that you tried to kill us," My appetite suddenly faded away, I took the left over arm and tossed it by Naki. "I think I'm gonna have to pass on that. But it was kind of you to ask so foolishly."