Chapter 8

Rachel's P.O.V.

It was about 1 am, when I got a call from Brittany.

"Hey, Britt. What's up?" I asked.

"Rachel, I want you to stay calm when I tell you this. Santana was hit by a car." No. No. No! This can't be happening! I broke down in to tears.

"Rachel?" she asked.

"Yeah, I'm here. Sorry." I told her still crying.

"Rachel we're on our way to your house to pick you up. We'll be there in a few minutes." She sad obviously crying.

"Ok. See you in a few. Bye." I hung up the phone and threw on some jeans and a baggy sweatshirt that Santana bought me, then I put on my Uggs and went down stairs. Since my dads were still asleep I wrote them a quick note and stuck it on the fridge. I walked outside into the cold December air. Then I saw Brittany and Quinn pull up. I hopped into the car.

"Hey, how ya doing Rach?" Quinn asked as she turned around and grabbed my hand, well Brittany drove.

"To be honest, I'm terrified." I broke down crying again. Quinn tried to console me by holding my and telling my everything will be okay.

"Rachel, listen to me Santana is strong she's gonna fight and everything will be okay." Quinn told me for the fifth time. Then I lost it.

"How will everything be okay! Tell me that Quinn! My best friend, the love of my life is in the hospital! And what did Santana ever do to deserve this! I left her! That should be me in the hospital right now!" After I finished yelling at Quinn I started crying again and I couldn't stop. Then Brittany started to say something for the first time since I got in the car.

"Rachel, you just have to believe it will be okay. You know Santana she asked the same thing when you guys broke up. But now you two are back together and you have to believe you'll be with her again." I think that's the first helpful thing someone has said to me since I heard the news.

"You know Britt, you're a pretty smart girl." I laughed through the tears.

"I'm sorry I yelled at you Quinn." I told her.

"It's okay." She said back.

"I love you guys." I told them as we pulled into the hospital parking lot. Then they answered.

"We love you too." They said in unison.

We all got out of the car and walked into the hospital to see we were the only people in the waiting room. Where is everyone else? I walked up to the desk and asked how Santana was doing.

"Excuse me ma'am. How is my girlfriend Santana Lopez doing?" I asked the lady had a confused look on her face.

"Sweetie, Santana Lopez is not in this hospital. She was in critical condition so she was moved to the hospital in Columbus." She told me.

"Um... Okay. Thank you." I said crying.

I walked over to Quinn and Brittany.

"How is she?" Quinn asked.

"She's not here. She was in critical condition so she was moved to a hospital in Columbus." I cried.

"Well then we better get back in the car we've got a long drive ahead of us." We all walked back to the car and piled in. Quinn was driving this time and Brittany was in the backseat with me trying to comfort me. I can't believe this is happening. Why does the world not want us to be together?!?

I fell asleep crying in Brittany's arms. Then I fell into a dreamless sleep.

____________________________

A/N Hey guys hope you liked this chapter! And I wanna thank y'all again for 1K reads!!!! I love you guys so much! Thank you guys for the support and never be afraid to inbox me if you want! Love you guys!