Chapter 18

When i woke up next morning he was already dressed up. He was on the phone giving orders to someone when i walked in front of him forgetting i was wearing an almost see through nightgown. He instantly stopped talking. Hunging up the phone he went back to the room and when he came back he wore abruptly to me his grey sweater over my nightgown.

  " Don't test my limits ", he warned  entrapping me with his hands in the chair.

   We left the hotel an hour later going back to the house. He was in a bad mood. A word hadn't left his mouth towards me and it bothered me. I went upstairs to get ready to go to my dad's house and he went to his office. On the way i was thinking over and over his words. I knew he couldn't be in love. Lust yes. He wanted to have sex with me, i also kind of knew that. But love ? No. A man in love doesn't just make his future wife to kill their baby. He doesn't want to marry a woman for the wellness of his company or... No. Nothing made sense but i was determined to know why he did all of this.

  I opened the door with my own old keys. I called her mother again and again but she was nowhere to be seen. My father was missing too and that wasn't a good sign. My phone started to ring and scared the hell out of me.

   " Andrew i am at my parent's house but they are both absent ", i said worried.

   " Your father went back to the hospital this morning. He wasn't feeling very well "

   " Is it bad ? ", i asked knowing the answer with tears in my eyes.

   " Yeap. I will be there as soon as possible ok ? "

   " Ok ", i replied silently crying.

                                 ***

    She was staying all day at the hospital and if her mother didn't make her she would stay there at nights too. She was a mess even though she tried to seem strong for her mother. The first night i went to find her at the hospital she looked frightened. When we got back she went to have a shower refusing to eat. I also went to bed and a little while later i heard a knock on the door.

  " Come in ", i answered worried but i was good to act surprised and not let her hear my heart pounding.

  " Do i fit in ? ", she asked with a low voice crashing the soul inside me. I nodded and she climbed inside the covers. I puller her into my arms and started playing with her hair hearing her silent sob.

  " He is going to die and even with all this money we can't do anything ", she whispered helpless. " Isn't it funny ? ", she continued.

  I kissed her in the head laying her completely down. She was still in my arms and as we were holding hands she kept playing with my hand. I wanted to kiss that tears away. Hug her even tighter and tell her how much i loved her.

  " Why did you say that ? ",  she asked and i knew what she was referring to.

  " I thought it was the right time ", i said truthfully. She slightly turned her head to meet my eyes and before she opened her mouth i removed a piece of hair away from her face.

" You are tired babe ".

She laid down again and fell asleep a few minutes later. I kept stroking her hair for an hour before i slept also exhausted. 

  The next few days she was at the hospital most of the time. I was in the company trying to finish the details of the Emerson merger. After that i had to start dealing with her father's company. We had talked a lot about it the previous months and now even though it wasn't the time he wanted to be sure that his daughter and wife wouldn't miss a thing.