Chapter 7

Correy Smith

I made my way to the library, my little heaven, immediately after lunch. I had quickly taken my lunch and rushed here. I picked out the newest series of Alex Rider, Never Say Die, from the shelves and quickly took a seat at my 'spot' at the corner of the room.

This is how my after lunch period went after I discovered about the series. I had been reading the books everyday for the past two weeks and was now on the latest one.

The librarian never let anyone borrow books, she was really mean and all she ever did was sleep on her desk. I had been begging her for sometime before Lance informed me that my attempts were bound to fail. My only option resulted to me either skipping lunch or just eating some small portion.

All because of some novel series.

I chuckled lightly at the thought as I unfolded the page I had tucked in yesterday, resuming from where I had left.

I was so engrossed in the book that I never saw or heard someone sitting next to me till they cleared their throat.

I slowly looked up ready to tell the person off. Seeing a smiling boy with dark wavy hair with light brown streaks at the end however changed my mind as my lips tugged upwards into a small smile.

"Hi. Am Tate."

The boy stated, his voice cheerful, his eyes slightly wide as he eyed me with some intensity. I blushed as I looked away, mumbling softly.

"C-correy Smith."

"Nice to meet you Correy."

Tate stated again as he placed his arm on my shoulders pulling me close to him in some sort of a side hug.

"What are you reading? Alex Rider? Never heard of him."

I gasped softly, my eyes becoming wide.

"You're k-kidding right?"

I asked slightly offended.

"Who is he?A novelist?"

"No! He's t-the main character of this book s-series written by Anthony Horowitz. L-like he is awesome. You s-should read all the series in order f-for you to understand. Though it's n-not a must, but like seriously you h-ha..."

"Shhhhhhh..."

I stopped talking, staring at Tate who motioned his head towards the librarian.

Was I that loud. I swear the woman was asleep all along.

I thought as Tate broke into giggles.

"You look as if you would like to murder her."

He whispered still giggling as he mumbled a 'You should have seen your face.'

I sighed nodding to his statement.

"She is s-so mean a-and ba..."

I never got to finish my statement as a voice echoed.

"Both of you to the principal's office! Now!"

I froze as Tate opened and closed his mouth lacking words to say, our eyes meeting, fearful and scary thoughts running through our minds. I was about to start begging the lady when Tate dragged me out of the library,my bag on his shoulder.

Once we were out, Tate began apologizing.

"I am p-partly to b-blame."

I told him as we slowly contemplated whether to actually head towards the principle's office or not.

Knowing the man, anyone would most likely never want to meet him.

Deciding on not adding salt to the injury, we both made our way to the 'devil's' office, our fingers crossed, scared for what was to come.

**********

I sat in the almost empty room,as i chewed on my bottom lip.

Tate was not yet here.

Turns out the devil himself aka the principal, decided to punish us. This would be my first time in detention. My nervous state could tell it all. A part of me wanted to blame Tate for talking to me first but as soon as i saw him enter the room, all those thoughts were gone.

His ever smiling face scanned the room and when they landed on me, his smile grew. He made his way over, sitting beside me.

"I am sorry for earlier." He stated, nervously rubbing the back of his neck.

I gently nodded, offering him a reassuring smile.

"First time in detention?"

"Yeah... it is overwhelming." I answered staring around.

The teacher who was to monitor us had arrived with a stack of books, his expression displeased.

"Now listen here, no talking, no eye contact, no nothing! Just do your shit. Any misbehaviour will be reported to the principal! " He spat, his eyes glaring at each one of us.

I gulped and took out my homework books, could as well do something constructive.

Ten minutes into my homework, a piece of paper was shoved my way, from Tate of course.

I'll make it up to you. Ice cream after school. It's final.

A small blush dusted my cheek as I slightly nodded, not wanting to create attention.

I was honestly looking forward to spending more time with Tate.

Something about his personality was just charming.

I also needed more friends. Not that Dylan's friends were bad or anything. I just needed my 'own' friends.

Did that even make sense?

No?

The author should explain....

*********