Chapter 19

Third person

Rusty couldn't take his eyes off the bubbly boy beside him. Even with his eyes closed, Tate had a smile plastered on his face. The only evidence that he was actually asleep was his heavy breathing.

Rusty was more than intrigued. He was smitten by now. He was tempted to have the smaller boy on his lap but did not want to wake him up.

They had been revising for their tests, more like Rusty was Tate. Tate did not like school. He was not interested in studying. He could not concentrate for more than twenty minutes. Rusty had been rumbling on and on about the topic they were studying and after receiving no response a couple of times, turned to see Tate asleep.

He chuckled slowly when the boy mumbled in his sleep, incoherent words slipping from his mouth.

Having stared at Tate for sometime, Rusty decided to wake him up. The chair was not in the slightest way comfortable and Tate would only wake up with body cramps after laying on it for sometime.

"Tate...wake up."

"Go awayyy..."

The sleeping beauty stated, his smile widening.

"You're weird."

Rusty whispered to himself after witnessing Tate's smile widen. He chuckled again and tapped Tate's shoulders a bit harder. Said boy groaned loudly, kicking his feet stubbornly.

Rusty sighed, he was getting impatient. He continued tapping until Tate finally woke up, a scowl on his face.

"You're annoying..." Tate stated, voice still laced with sleep.

"We can just to do this tomorrow. Just get some sle-"

"No! No..Let's study now. Am awake, I promise."

Tate cut him off not intent on letting Rusty go. He had craved to be in the musculine's boy presence for so long. After their heated kiss, they never got to do anything else. This was the perfect opportunity and he wasn't letting it pass by.

"We can grab a snack first." 

Tate suggested. They had had nothing after school and Tate secretly wanted to spend time with Rusty, not studying.

Tate led the way out of the spacious study room and on to the hallways that led to the kitchen. He silently hoped his parents were not there. His wish was granted and luck was certainly on his side when in fact no one was in the kitchen.

It was five so the chef and kitchen staff still had one hour before preparations for dinner began.

He sighed in relief and was tempted to dance with joy. The two boys settled on the high chairs at one of the kitchen counters.

"What would you like to have?"

Tate asked, shuffling his way to the cabinets on the opposite side of the counter.

"I don't know...tea?"

Tate smiled, grateful that both of them had one thing in common. He took two cups out and started preparing the tea. It was one thing he could make, apart from fruit juice of course. Tate was never a kitchen person. Despite his huge appetite, he simply hated the ides of cooking let alone washing dishes.

"So...you like tea?"

Tate asked, tempted to squeeze out more information about Rusty off of him.

"Not much. I like hot chocolate more but tea is fine."

"Oh...what else do you like?"

You.

Rusty was tempted to answer. He had been observing Tate's movements all along and let's just say, he loved what  he had seen so far. He had to physically restrain him from kissing him. They had agreed to take things slowly and he was going to do just that. Tate finished making their tea and placed the steaming cup in front of Rusty, his brow slightly lifted.