Chapter 24

Liam King

Something amusing happened on Monday. I arrived early that morning and immediately made my way to the wall behind the parking lot for a smoke.

From this point, I had a view of who came to school. I was looking for one particular person and when he finally arrrived, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

He was so tiny. It was ironical how his brother was this buff guy with muscles and all while he was petite, not bony or scrawny, just petite.

He had a green sweatshirt and some black jeans, his hair wildly falling to his face, some strands occasionally dipping into his eyes.

I loved his bag. I don't know why but I did, despite it being plain blue. Maybe it was because it was close to the color of his eyes.

I watched as he nervously walked to class, something he never quit doing ever since Owen's incident. I made sure he was in the building before getting off the wall.

Speaking of Owen, he'd been so quiet. It wasn't normal for him to not strike after the incident. I was sure of one certain thing though, he was never hurting my Correy, ever.

I threw the cigarette on the ground, crushing it with the heel of my shoe before making my way to my first class of the day.

°~~~~~~~~°

When I said something amusing happened on Monday, this is what I meant.

I had actually been heading to my eighth class of the day when I saw it all happen.

As soon as I got to a corner, I saw him, Correy. He saw me too but his eyes widened before he ran to the opposite direction. I followed him of course.

Just before he got into what I assumed was an open classroom, someone opened it, knocking him in the process. He yelped, falling to the ground after the impact as the person who had knocked him mumbled apologies.

I had rushed to the scene and offered to take him to the nurse. The lady had put ice on his slightly swollen nose and had left to get some antibiotics minutes later.

Which leads me to where we currently were. Correy was on the bed in the room, openly trying to avoid my eyes while I was on a chair directly facing him so that our bodies were facing each other.

"Don't press too hard." I told him when I saw him tightly clutching the ice to his nose. He didn't respond but his cheeks were rosy.

I loved when his cheeks did that.

"Do you always blush at everything said to you?" I inquired, chuckling when he became red. He still did not answer.

"You are hurting yourself, here let me help..."

I took the ice from him, tilting his face in the process. His eyes met me for only a brief second before he focused them on the wall behind us. I gently placed the ice on his nose, imprinting just the right amount of pressure to it.

"I like your hair." I bluntly stated, voicing out my thougts.

"T-Thanks..." His shy voice answered, his eyes still on the wall. I continued staring at him, each time taking in small details about him. Like how his bottom lip was more full than his top or how thick his eyelashes were.

The nurse finally came back and handed him the medicine before telling us that we could stay there for as long as we liked. Even if she hadn't said that, I wasn't about to let Correy go back to class, at least not until I was sure he was fine.

"Would you like to lie down?"

"No.."

"Can I take you home?"

"No.."

"Can I kiss you?"

"Yes... I-I m-mean n-no."

I smirked at this, loving how extremely flustered he got as he tried to get off the bed. I caged his body with my arms. His eyes finally met mine. I was astonished when he placed his arms around my neck and pushed his body so that he sat on my lap, his legs draped across each of my hip.

He sure was bold regardless of him being flustered seconds earlier.

"You really do want me to kiss you?"

"N-no... Am j-just trying to b-be c-cute."

I laughed at this. He was being overly bold and I loved it, a little bit too much.

Were we moving too fast?

I thought to myself but dismissed that thought as quickly as it came.

"Does your head hurt?"

"You sound like mother hen."

"Am just worried about you. Which is cute, right?"

"No..." He giggled after as I faked a pout. "You look like a fat chipmunk."

"Chipmunks are cute."

He smiled, gently resting his face on my shoulders. As if on instinct, my arms were on his waist, my face in his hair-smelling him like the pevert I was.

"You know w-we still have to g-go to class."He whispered, his face still on my shoulder.
I placed a small kiss on his neck, humming a response.

Truth be told, I was at peace right now, with him in my arms.

"Am so g-glad Saturday h-happened..."

...

°~~~~~~~~°

A fluffy chapter for you guys. Hope you do like it.

~Adry~