Chapter 41

Third Person.

The two boys dragged Lance to the parking lot, towards Tate's car. Mr Andres was leaning against the hood of the car, his eyes on the phone in his hands. He raised his head when he heard the three boys arguing.

"Guys... I was joking, we don't have to do this." Lance tried to say but was immediately cut off by Tate who was already opening the car door.

"It doesn't matter if you were joking or not. We are going over to my house and that's final."

With Lance sandwiched between Correy and Tate, Mr. Andres drove off.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Sleepoveeeeerrrrrrr!!!" Tate shouted dramatically, jumping up and down his bed.

The other two boys were busy looking around the room, which had somehow been 'renovated'.

The walls were now pink, the bed post turquoise and the closet and chairs blue. Tate noticed that the two were silent so he explained himself.

"Rusty said my room was dull, so I had it repainted with some of my favorite colors."

"Turquoise is your favorite?"

"No, it's Rusty's." Tate answered proudly.

Lance who had been silent the whole time finally spoke, "I had such a traumatic experience last time I came in to your room."

Correy immediately laughed, understanding very well what Lance was talking about.

"Why?"

"Nothing." Both Correy and Lance answered, averting their gazes.

"You guys are being mean."

Tate pouted but immediately smiled when he thought of an idea.

"Let's make cookies!"

~~~~~~~~~~

"Lance, we are really sorry for leaving you behind." Correy spoke.

They were now on the small makeshift tent, on Tate's bed. They had decided to watch some disney movies, while eating the cookies that had just been freshly baked.

"Don't worry, I was being irrational." Lance quickly answered.

"How about we promise to do sleepovers once in a while."

Tate offered, making the other two nod in agreement.

"... It's not that I felt lonely... but everyone... around me is in a relationship and... me... i highly doubt anyone would be interested in me... "

"Laaanceeee!!!"

"Why wouldn't anyone be interested in you." Correy said.

He honestly couldn't understand why Lance degraded himself.

You were once like him.

His inner voice reminded him.

"The right person will come at the right time." Tate wisely said, trying to comfort his friend.

Lance nodded, pushing all negative thoughts away.

They were then silent, until Correy's phone rang.

"I thought we said all phones were to be switched off."

"Sorry..." Correy sheepishly said as he tried to get off the pillow tent, ruining it in the process and earnong a few curses from his friends.
Once he was at a distance, he received the call.

"Hello..."

"I've been trying to call you for hours Correy, where are you?"

"My day was great, thanks for asking." Correy replied with an eye roll.

"... I hate you..."

"I love you more... Anyway I am Tate's place. We are having a sleepover."

"Babe, you could have messaged me that."

"Sorry... I have to go before they come for me."

"Wait... Tomorrow I'll pick you up after class."

"Okay,good night."

Liam muttered something incoherent before hanging up, leaving Correy to think about where he was taking him the next day.