Chapter 39

Correy Smith

"Are you okay?"

"Yes."

"Are you sure?"

"... Yes."

"Should I drive?"

"No."

"Do you h-"

"Correy ... am fine."

I giggled and turned to him as he tried to fasten his seat belt, a task that was proving to be difficult with how flustered he was.

"Well, It doesn't seem like it." I muttered to myself, but Liam seemed to have heard me.

"I'm serious Correy."

"I didn't say you weren't."

"Cor-"

"I love you."

He froze. Literally. I chuckled as I lightly pinched his cheeks, loving the pink shade that was traveling  up his neck.

After Liam had spoken the three worded sentence to me at the park, I had immediately said it back without any hesitation. That made him speechless and when he finally spoke, he stutterred as his face became pink, a reaction that made me instantly forget that I was crying minutes before.

I loved him. Without any doubt.

Of course I thought about how we hadn't dated long enough for us to to say those words to each other, but I figured that overthinking would get me nowhere.

"I love you." I repeated. Liam ignored me and ignited the car. I had already explained our next destination to him so he never spoke to me, no matter how hard I tried. I gave up and turned to stare at the scenary outside.

We were heading to a nearby hotel. I had already made reservations for today but I had to cancel all of them after my not-so-little breakdown. We would spend the remaining part of the day at our hotel room.

It didn't take us long to get there. Once we checked in, I immediately went to take a bath. Upon returning, Liam was gone, leaving behind a note saying that he was going to get us food. I decided to flip through the TV channels as I waited for him.

Fifteen minutes later, he was back.

"I bought clothes." He said once he put all the bags down. I actually had put on some pajamas that the hotel staff provided after bathing.

"We should eat first."  I suggested, taking out the sushi dishes he had bought. I immediately smiled, pecking his cheek. He actually remembered sushi was my favorite.

We were silent but I could feel his eyes on me. I knew exactly what he wanted to ask.

"Am fine. I feel happy that you know my story. I hope I didn't scare you that much." I hurriedly spoke.

He nodded and continued eating his food. He finished first and went to shower.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We laid in bed together. Liam had just finished talking to his mum. His hands on my hair was the most soothing feeling ever and I was tempted to close my eyes for a nap but he beat me to it.

"I'm sorry." He started, "Whatever happened to you. Your mum, I'm truly sorry."

"It's all in the past." I quickly answered, trying my best to avoid the topic.

"I'm still sorry."

"It wasn't your fault."

"I'm proud that you were strong enough to get through it."

"..."

"I love you so much."

I smiled at this, shifting my body so that I was on top of him.

"I love you more." I whispered to his ear, before making direct contact with him. He was flustered, once again. I couldn't help but pinch his pink cheeks.

"Why do you get flustered every time I say that?" I asked. He remained silent, eyes staring at the ceiling.

"... Cause you are the only one who has ever said that to me... romantically."

"And I mean it." I reassured pecking his lips for the effect. He brightly smiled and placed my head on his chest.

"Let's sleep. Tomorrow we have a great day ahead of us."

And sleep we did.

^^^^^^^^^^

Our first destination the following day was the museum. For some reason Liam enjoyed learning about ancient things. We toured the place, educating ourselves about different cultures.

We later had lunch before visiting a turtle rescue reserve in the small town. The better part of our afternoon was spent in the reserve, tending and caring for the extremely beautiful creatures.

^^^^^^^^^^

"Thank you for spending the weekend with me." I immediately spoke once we were infront of Liam's house.

"No... Thank you. For being you and for letting me into your world. No matter how messed up you think it is. I find it perfect and alluring."

Of course Liam had to say this beautiful words. Urrgghh... I loved him, so much.

"who knew you could be this sappy?"

"...Let me be." Liam quickly said, taking his bag from the back seat. "Drive safely."

"Sure. Bye."

He got out and made his way to his house. I simply watched him, sighing when he disappeared from my peripheral view.

Well time to head home.

^^^^^^^^

Y'all are about to kill me but here it is. Sorry for taking long. 😊Also sorry that it's just a filler chap.