✋-07

[Edited]

"Stand up. Try again."

Lauren grunted and she felt her aura starting to overcome herself again, something in her in her was just raging from the humiliation in taking orders from some lowly delta of another pack.

"Don't look at me like that, retract your Aura."

Octavia ordered with a stern tone. In reality, she was trembling from fear. She didn't know it was possible to submit to another pack's Luna. Lauren was a human too.

Lauren breathed in slowly, she calmed herself down with the thought of Camila's gentle smile.

Camila. Camila. Camila.

Oh great, she got more frustrated.

The air thickened and Octavia fell to her knees, "LAUREN, RETRACT YOUR AURA."

Lauren's eyes were glowing emerald, and she couldn't feel anything else but to overpower the shameless Delta that acted like she was the boss of her.

She looked up and stilled at the sight of Raven tilting Octavia's head to the side to show her neck, a form of submission. "YOU ARE HANDLING A LUNA OCTAVIA. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO ORDER HER LIKE THAT."

Octavia nodded and with tears forming at the edge of her eyes, she willingly submitted.

Lauren breathed in slowly again, "Thank you."

Raven had gone down on one knee, "No need to thank me Luna Lauren."

She turned her gaze to Octavia's trembling form, "I apologize for disrespecting you Luna Lauren."

Lauren felt herself calming down at the sight, she held up a hand as a gesture for them both to stand up and they followed. "I'm sorry about the power, I can't control it yet and sometimes it just overcomes me."

Both girls nodded their head in understanding, although Octavia had to question it. "I don't understand why it overwhelmed us though, well me since I'm a pureblood. I'm supposed to be stronger than a non-shifter."

Both non-shifters glared at her and she had to apologize again, "No, I mean you're both powerful. But isn't there a standing?"

Raven sighed, she had grown up with the warrior and she knew Octavia's curiousity will always follow through, "There is. The ladder is supposed to be Alpha pureblood, Alpha half blood then Luna pureblood, Luna half blood, Beta pureblood, Beta half blood and so on with the delta. Comes the pack doctor and then the pack witch. The alpha's family falls under the Luna. Same for the beta and delta families. For the regular members, its pureblood, halfblood and then turned. A non-shifter is somehow in the middle of the delta and the regular. The omega is last."

"And that's the ladder for power as well?" Lauren asked as they sat down.

Raven nodded, "Everything in the supernatural world is about power, who's stronger and who's wiser. You can't have an alpha who's an idiot, or an alpha who's only smart but frail. Balance is what we have here."

Octavia shifted into her wolf, a beautiful chocolate furred being with dark eyes. She gave the two women a nod before running for the trees.

"It's been a week and she already accustomed herself to ordering you around." Raven grunted, she was staring at the path the delta took. "I wish she was less brawn and more brain, sometimes the other just overtakes."

Lauren nodded to herself as they took in the peaceful air around them. It had already passed a week since she had met up with Octavia and Raven. A week since she last saw her mate, and a week too late for her to meet the pack Alpha and Luna of Horizon.