🧨-49

We're at 49!!!

I have a feeling this would really end by CH 60 :)

I started with 5 or so people consistently reading this book, and those 5 or so people are still reading it until now.

Thank you so much for taking a ride on this ship :) don't worry, we're not finished yet.

I'll be dedicating the last 50-60 chapters to those readers who've been encouraging me, praising my  work from the very first one even though I know this story isn't as engaging as I would have wanted.

Because of that, the last 10 chapters will be posted with at least 5k words per chapter, and I'll have to use a computer to formally dedicate each reader to each chapter.

(OR YA KNOW, AT THE START SINCE APPARENTLY IM NOT ALLOWED NEAR COMPUTERS. DF MY MAJOR IS SUPPOSED TO BE IT)

I love you guys so much! I hope you will still stay to see how this first half ends :^

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

To be one with oneself.

To see and conquer all the demons, all the darkness and merge it with something much more brighter.

Camila breathed in and out slowly, her eyes closed with sweat dripping from her forehead to her neck. She had been meditating underneath one of the ancient trees behind the manor for 2 days straight without rest nor food.

Lauren watched her wife, only she could see the stubborn lines that appeared on Camila's forehead. She had to give it to Ronnie, if there was someone who could poke a person's ego so badly, it would be that insufferable bitch.

"She isn't eating today too?" Normani asked, a bit disappointed that she wasn't able to provide help. In her hands were a tray of food that she personally cooked for Camila, being together for 22 years made her proficient in everything that her alpha needed and wanted.

Lauren shook her head, smiling apologetically, "The old hag really had to go and poke her inflated head, you know how she is and her arrogance."

Normani laid down the tray on the small table that Lauren was occupying near Camila, there was an umbrella that protected them both from the intense heat of the day. Ronnie herself didn't want to go out, but Camila had stubbornly refused to budge.

"Someone like her has the capabilities to be that cocky Lauren," Normani sat down, resting her cheeks on her palms with her elbows planted on the table, "But maybe she needed a wake up call."

There was a gust of cold wind that hit them, it was as if Camila was listening to every word they were saying. Lauren smiled wryly, "She did. This place is many times different from Earth. Did you feel it? The moment you arrived here."

Normani nodded, "It was as if I was pumped with drugs that increased my vitality. Like the percentage of gravity was decreased." It felt like her body was many times more lighter.

"Therefore there are characters that are multiple times terrifying than her, with higher talent and power." Lauren continued smiling, she raised a cup to her lips. "Camz worked hard to be at the top, but she was born with innate talent. Her pride was trampled, she isn't going to rest until she can prove herself."

"You look more like a mother than a wife." Someone snickered from the window above their table, they looked up to see Ronnie watching all of them with a massive smirk. "How is she doing?"