~Banana 16~

Eiji snaps at the sound of a faint creek. His senses has been keen lately. Another creek has followed. And then another. Last night, he had slept restlessly. Ash's words and the suspicious shadows that bled through the flying curtains had kept him awake. He didn't remember falling asleep.

The creepy creeks of long intervals now come at a fast speed. Eiji suspects it could either be the attackers are rookies at their job or they dare not hide their presence as they're confident in their skills or it could be that they are already surrounded and outnumbered.

Eiji slowly creeps out of his bed and crawls on the floor. He's about to stick his head out the window when a sudden force pulls him back.

"Ash." He whispers roughly, surprised.

"Shush." Ash commands as he let go of Eiji and starts to feel the weight of his weapon in his hand.

"Who are they?"

"Enemies, who else?"

Ash confidently shots up but Eiji holds him back.

Ash looks back with a pissed off face. "What exactly are you doing?"

"Trying to save you."

"You're gonna get me killed. Are you dumb?"

"Can't you see we're outnumbered?"

Ash grunts. "I don't need you to tell me that." He brushes Eiji aside and then points his gun to the door. He's about to release a shot when Eiji yanks him down. He trips, falling on top of Eiji.

Ash mutters his long list of curses while furiously staring at the serious Eiji. Just then the door flies open.

"I apologize for the interrupting your fun but we have to go." A voice states.

"Tch." Ash gets up and darts Yut Lung an unpleasant look. "Why are you here?" He saunters to him, tucking back his friend under his shirt.

"Really? You're complaining when you should be honored? What do you think of a full mobilization of my men just for you two?" Yut Lung seeths through his teeth, holding his ground and never letting his gaze waver against Ash's.

"It was your own idea." Ash dryly replies before going back to get Eiji.

"Ash? What's wro---?" Eiji abrubtly stops his question and just follows Ash's leads. He's gripping him like he's some criminal.

"That guy's really head over heels for him." Yut Lung mutters, massaging his temples before turning on his heels to follow the two.

**

"You haven't eaten anything since last night, right?" Eiji's soft gentle question seems to take no effect on Ash's concentration.

"What are you watching?" Eiji jumps up and skips behind Ash. "Can I watch too?" Just as when Eiji playfully flings an arm around Ash's neck, Ash stiffly shuts down the laptop screen.

"What were you watching?" Eiji tilts his head, waiting for a reply as his lips are curved up to a hopeful smile.

"Nothing." Ash coldly replies. He picks up the laptop in a rush and stands up.

'You sure are a mysterious person.' Ash halts and keeps his ground. Eiji jolts and he quickly clamps his mouth with his hands when he realizes he just said his thoughts out loud. A chill goes down Eiji's spine when he almost visibly see dark aura starting to engulf Ash.