~Banana 43~

Today is the third and last day of our vacation. Eiji heaves a heavy sigh as he casts the majestic view outside a quick glance before turning to his closet. I wish we could stay in this peaceful paradise forever. But we can't run from reality any longer. He thinks with a heavy heart. I sometimes see Ash looking so anxious and bothered and it crosses my mind that maybe I shouldn't have persuaded him back when he changed his mind. I'm sure this trip is stressing him out even more. Eiji gives himself a slap while mentally torturing himself for enjoying the trip while poor Ash just got dragged along with him.

Out from the wooden closet he fishes out a slightly oversized shirt and a dotted pajamas to pair it with, also undies and a towel. He was about to enter his bathroom when the door suddenly creaks open.

Eiji swiftly fwips around. "Sing." He greets flatly, a little bit disappointed for some reason.

"What's with the plain greeting? Not so like you Eiji."

"What are you talking about? This is how I norma---"

"You were expecting for Ash, weren't you?"

"W-W-W-What are you saying?!"

Sing holds back his laugh at Eiji's super flushed face. "Whatever." He says. "I just came here to tell you there's a hotspring at the back of this villa. If you wanna soak that is."

Eiji's eyes sparkles in delight. He didn't expect to find a hotspring at a country such as New York and at this time of the year to add. Moreover, he hasn't been in one for like ages already. Perks of having filthy rich companions.

"Oh and just a tip..." Sing pauses in the middle of turning to the hallway and faces Eiji. "Don't be too obvious in welcoming him. He likes the hard to get type."

"I-I TOLD YOU ALREADY!" After letting out a good scream, Eiji's now huffing and puffing and sweating profusely. Why do I suddenly feel hot? He thought, fanning himself with his hands. He shoves in the bin the thought that Sing had successfully implanted in his mind and goes on to look for the hotspring.

Eiji takes left and right turns and it feels like he's been going round and round in a maze in what feels like forever. Trudging his feet down the silent corridors, he lets out a complaining whine and grunts. Does that place really exist? Did I not just clicked on their bait? Eiji scratches the back of his head, annoyed. Just when he's about to leave the place, he hears splashes of water. And it's near. The boy quickly follows the sound which eventually led him to a grand door. He leads his gaze down and sees a cloud of fog exuding from the inside through the gap between the door and the floor, slightly blanketing his feet. I'm in the right place. Eiji giggles and enters the place. He approaches the water and stares at his reflection for a while. And then he dips his toes into it. Perfect. He thought as he starts to takes his clothes off and plunge himself into the pool of lukewarm water. Heat tickles his toes and then the soothing sensation claws its way to his thighs and then finally to his face when he finally submerged himself in, leaving only his nose and eyes above the water just like a preying hippo.

Eiji didn't budge an inch and just stayed still for almost an hour. He lets himself be swept into a state where it feels like he's on the clouds lying comfortably. Then the thought of moving finally reached his brain. He stretches his body and slightly gets into a swimming position. He moves deeper into the fogging bath, floating. Then he bumps into a wall, a sturdy one.