~Banana 60~

Days passed. Not much investigation was needed because Ace's men testified and sincerely cooperated. Their testimonies weren't in question either as they were stationed outside the building and thus saw the entire event. The process sped up even more with Sing and Yut Lung, who were confronting Ace's men at that time,
as prime witnesses.

Time starts to flow normally. Everything is back to normal and it was all peaceful once again. Peaceful but dreadful at the same time.

Eiji got discharged first so he went back ahead. Any patient would be happy to finally get out from that tiny white room. But Eiji was not among them. He wished he could stay in there forever. If he stayed, he wouldn't have to face an unfinished business.

"Ibe-san," Eiji greets with a smile as he takes the seat in the opposite side of the table.

"Everything is over."

"No beating around the bush, huh?" Eiji says with a tiny laugh. "You're harsh, Ibe-san." He supplies as he takes a sip of his drink.

The moment of silence makes the air feel chilly and heavy. Eiji didn't know what to say first.

"Do I really have to go back? As you said, everything's already over." Eiji traces the cup's mouth with his thumb, feeling relieved that he's finally able to lay open his thoughts.

"Ei-chan, can't you see that your worlds are so different?"

Eiji flinches with that reality. How much he hates it is just the same how much of a truth it is.

"You understand each other, that's for sure. But understanding is not enough to support your bond you intend to continue for as long as you live. There are other factors, you see. Ash has a family here. This is where he belongs. And you don't belong here. The same goes for him in Japan."

Eiji bites his lower lip as he sucks back the tears trying to betray his efforts to stay composed.

"He's still recovering. I'll be with him just until I make sure he's okay."

"You're going to lift him up now so you could drop him later? Ei-chan, look."

The boy strays his gaze to his hand now in the grip of the older Japanese.

"I understand, better than anyone else, how important Ash is to you. You two are like my own sons. And because of that, I want to protect him as much as I want to protect you. Leaving him later would be more cruel. Even I can't guarantee if he can stand again if that happens."

Eiji slowly nods his head. He completely understands the situation and the right choices he needs to make. It's just that his mind and heart couln't find a way to come into similar terms.

"My flight is tomorrow morning." Ibe declares, leaning back to grab something from his bag. "Here's your ticket. I gotta go now. I still have business to attend to." Ibe stands from his seat. He gives Eiji a gentle, consoling pat before making his leave.

Eiji's mind tells him to take the ticket but his heart screams that he shouldn't.

What should I do when I don't want to leave? What should I do when I've fallen in love with you this deep?

The Asian stays in place, tears streaming down and soul breaking in confusion. Until the sun set behind the towering buildings, he stayed in place.

**

"Where were you?"

Eiji leaps from his spot when greeted by the foreign voice. He hits the light's switch button only to see Ash in his bed, gazing at him with a particular intense demeanor.