~Banana 48~

Eiji is led to a room similar to that one he stayed in for their short vacation. He feels stinging pain in his chest as memories of those short days that brought him fleeting happiness once again resurface in his mind. He shuts his eyes close, drawing back the tears that threaten to fall.

"He'll be fine, I'll be fine. Everything's gonna turn out right." He chants with his weakest voice.

Eiji returns to his bed and finds his things at the feet of it. "Everything's calculated by that guy." He mutters with a tiny smile. Then a thought suddenly crosses his mind. He fumbles on his pockets but couldn't find his phone.

Oh crap. Just when I need you the most.

Frustrated, he collapses down to his bed and just as his back lands on it, a knock sounds off prompting him to sit erect again. A man, tall and dark in a formal suit, laxly waltz in his room. Eiji senses a dreadful atmosphere from him but what confuses him is the man's expression which lacks threat.

Eiji wears on a stoic face and stares at the utterly familiar person.

"Ace must really care for you to get this special treatment."

Eiji didn't reply as if he didn't hear that.

"That was rude." The man blurts out and instantly extends his arm. "Blanca. You know me right?" The man flashes a friendly smile and somehow Eiji feels relieved from this.

That's right. If I remember correctly, he's one of Ash's friends.

Eiji accepts the kind gesture. Right now, there are countless questions surging all at once in his mind, he didn't know where to start first.

"Believe me when I say that Ash is fine." Blanca states and greater relief washes over Eiji's whole being.

"Am I really that readable?"

"Yup, like an open book."

Eiji scratches his cheeks bashfully. "How long do I have to stay here?" He questions, casting his gaze over the vast blue horizon. Blanca stares at the same direction as if contemplating hardly for an answer.

"Until everything's fine... I guess?"

"I was expecting something not so obvious."

Blanca chuckles making Eiji look at him in wonder. "I pretty much understand now why Ash is escpecially drawn to you." Eiji reacts nothing to Blanca's statement, making the man feel like he's already intruding.

"I'll leave you alone now. I just came to see you so I could report to that brat and at least make him feel relieved."

Eiji watches him walk to the door and just before he completely steps outside, a question abruptly leaves Eiji's lips without his mind's consent. "Can I trust you?"

Blanca halts then tilts his head to his shoulder. "I can say yes but it's still up to you if you really want to trust me."

What's his deal suddenly popping and disappearing like that? What's he doing here anyway?

Eiji disregards the questions and fiddles on his fingers, his mind now focused on that boy. Has he eaten already? Has he slept well? Did he stayed up all night again? Simple questions as these can be agonizing when not spoken to the person of your concern.