~Banana 22~

The rising of the sun calls for a brand new day. Its rays invites itself in Eiji's room, gently tickling his cheeks and endeavoring to wake him by flashing warm light on his eyes.

Ash takes the strands of hair that are covering Eiji's face and carefully tucks them behind Eiji's ear.

You look so harmless and innocent like a child when asleep. This thought  crosses Ash's mind while he's intently staring at Eiji's asleep face, his head rested above his palms.

"Ash."

Ash is surprised when Eiji suddenly mentioned his name in his sleep, causing for another evil smile to creep on his face thinking that he has found another bullet to fire Eiji with later when he's bored.

Eiji squiggles closer to Ash, Ash's warmth and comforting scent drifts him to a deeper slumber. And then slowly, Eiji's arms find its way around Ash's waist. And it never left there. Ash couldn't stop a smile from forming but he is again reminded that this is only fleeting happiness. Sooner or later, one of them will leave.

While lost in his own sea of thoughts, Ash fails to notice that Eiji's already awake. Eiji's black orbs staring at him  finally registers to his brain and he is pulled back to reality.

"Good morning, Eiji." Ash greets as he lays back and locks his body to Eiji too using both his arms and legs.

Eiji gasps for air as he is suddenly deprived of it. "Why are you suddenly hugging me?"

"Aren't you doing the same?"

Eiji now pays attention to his own body and quickly realized what was happening. "I didn't mean to. Sorry." He mutters and frees Ash but Ash still remains glued to him.

The sweet moment of the two is cut off when somebody announces his presence by clearing his throat.

Eiji flounders, gets up and sits straight. Ash slowly gets up as well. "Why do you look like you're guilty of something?" Eiji didn't look at him but gives him a light slap on the leg.

"We are so delighted to know that our residence is serving its purpose to meet your needs. As extra service, we also offer a special breakfast in bed for the newly wed couple." Yut Lung  saunters to the two while reciting his greetings.

"On honeymoon now? Didn't I tell you you were sailing too fast?" Ash and Eiji shifts their attention to the new voice. It was Sing, tailing behind Yut Lung.

Eiji sighs as he gets out the bed and fixes his shirt by pulling it down. "Why does everybody keeps on teasing me?" He mutters under his breath and leaves the room.

Ash does the same. He gets off the bed and wears on his usual white shirt. "I was wondering the same." Ash ruffles his hair, now disowning his own acts and playing the role of an innocent.

Another feast is laid on the long table and the plates piled high with food never fail to amaze Eiji. He's also gotten over the poisoning that once crossed his mind.

Miraculously, they started eating without any further ado. Bickering, teasing and insults, all of these claim their absence.

The dead atmosphere becomes drier and drier every passing second and instead of peace, awkward and uncomfortable feeling settle in Eiji's chest.

"Uhm." He tries to break the unpleasant mood but nobody gives him a care. Everyone is so concentrated on their food.

A knock from the door rings and Eiji couldn't be more thankful for it. A man walks in politely and after receiving permission from Yut Lung to speak, he did.