~Banana Valentines Special~

[Not a part of the main story line]

"Ash!" Eiji yells at the sleeping cat for the nth time already. His patience is running thin, seeing how Ash burries his face into his pillows while falling deeper into sleep as if his yells are some kind of lullaby. He grits his teeth in utter annoyance and thinks for another tactics to waken Ash.

Yelling in the ear, splashing him water, rocking his body, punching and kicking him. None of these petty attempts rewarded Eiji a sweet success.

"You won't, huh?" 

"Uhm." A voice shakily attempts to interrupt. Its owner and his companions are standing by the door, warily looking at Eiji.

"Why don't we just let him sleep for a bit longer? Maybe he's very tired." One proposes but Eiji is determined to awaken this beast.

"Ha!" Eiji laughs. "Yeah sure. Why don't we just let the old people sleep for a bit longer since they tend to get tired very easily." Eiji turns away but a sudden force pulls him back.

"What did you call me?" Ash seeths through clenched teeth and burries his glare to Eiji who looks so surprised. "Repeat that." He demanded.

Eiji swallows the lump on his throat and whimpers. Ash's grip tightens even more. "I don't wanna die."

"That'll happen very soon if you don't repeat what you said."

Hesitation floods Eiji. He's stuck in a situation where he had to choose between 'brink of death' or 'instant death'. Either way is not fine.

"I said to let you sleep?"

"Before that." Ash squeezes the answer he wants to hear.

"The 'Old people easily gets tired' part?"

"Who are you calling old?"

"Is there someone else in this room?" Eiji sarcastically questions, shifting his head to his side to avoide Ash's sharp gaze.

"You---!"

Lucky Eiji, Ash is able to contain the evil spirits. The three who were standing at the entrance had flee a long time ago.

"I salute you." Ash compliments while jumping off the bed and heading for the door.

"For what?"

Ash halts and turns back to Eiji wearing a sarcastic expression. "You're so damn talented at ruining my morning. It's so beyond my league." He flashes a fake smile before completely walking away.

Don't let it get to you, Eiji.

"Hey, Ash. Do you know what day today is?" Eiji calls out, jumping off the bed and hurries to trail behind Ash.

Ash sighs and asks stoicly. "What?"

"It's valentines!" Eiji exclaims with excitement as he throws his hands in the air.

Ash remains expressionless. "You mean that stupid day when stupid people give stupid chocolates and stuffs to other stupid people?"

Eiji tugs his smile to a frown. "Do you really have to exploit 'stupid' that much? And hey, it isn't stupid at all." He defends, crossing his arms at chest level.

"It is." Ash rolls his eyes as he insists on his opinion, his brows knits together afterwards which is a clear hint of annoyance surfacing.

"If I give chocolate to you, does that mean I'm stupid and so are you?"

Ash abruptly fwips around, surprising Eiji enough to get his eyes go wide. "Got a problem with you being stupid?"

"Of cour--"