~Banana 51~

"I'm going with you." Ash just throws Sing a quick glance before going out.

Ash's heart is pounding hard as he takes on the busy New York streets. The liveliness of the surrounding and the lights from the looming buildings just triggers the boy's excitement to bubble up. This is the night he's been waiting for. The night when he can cast all worries out the window, to not give a care about the whole damn world and just focus on Eiji, on his answer. Ace recalls the question he let go that night and soon follows Eiji's surprised face. He couldn't help but laugh in complete euphoria while thinking of that precious, innocent and tempting lips that moved slightly, unsure of what to say. The signboard of the cafe finally enters Ace's vision and so he takes on larger strides as he pulls up his scarf to cover his cold lips and nose.

I'm coming, Eiji.

Barging in, Ash looks for Eiji. On his right and on his left. But he isn't here, otherwise Ash could've spotted him the moment he entered.

"He's just late." Ash assures himself and shifts his eyes to the clock. "It's still early." He sits on the corner, fidgeting his fingers while ignoring the anxiousness that suddenly begs for his attention.

"So? Why are we here again?" Sing sits comfortably and drags his chair closer to Ash. He didn't get an answer but it's not like he's dying to know anyway. From the looks of Ash's hopeful face, Sing already has almost a sure answer.

The clock's hands raise against each other, round and round. Seconds, minutes and hours start to slip away. Now, Ash's anxiousness begins to grow and other negative thoughts join in, making him feel bad about this. He casts down his gaze at Sing who said he was just going to nap but is now actually sleeping. Ash voluntarily shakes his legs to ease his nervousness but every time he hears the second hand ticking, and still no Eiji in sight, he couldn't stop but start to lose faith.

All the wariness this day has brought starts to wear off Ash's strength but he's forcing his eyes open. People come in and out and everytime someone comes in, Ash's heart leaps in hope for the one he's waiting. Disapointment keeps coming one after another yet he still couldn't get used to the pain. Midnight had passed hours ago but still... he doesn't want to give up.

"Damn it Eji! Where are you?!" He asks in a frustrated tone, slamming his clenched fists unto the table and waking Sing up.

"Is Eiji here yet?"

A few moments later, a waiter approaches Ash with something in his hand.

"Sir? Are you perhaps Ash Lynx?" The young man probably near Eiji's age, asks politely.

Ash nods silently, looking at the stranger curiously.

"Someone had asked me to give this to you, sir." Ash drops his eyes to the white envelope before him. He looks at the man and back at the letter again. A strange familiar feeling of pain and fear sweeps over Ash, making his hands tremble so much as he accepts the letter.

His breathing is labored as the tips of his fingers trace the corners of the paper. He wants to know what's written inside but is also afraid to. Shutting his eyes close, he musters up the courage to open the letter. His eyes now start to read each word carefully.

Only a short moment had passed before Ash brought his eyes up again. He is in a trance. His eyes are void of any emotion. Whatever was inside put him in a state where he couldn't even respond to Sing's paranoid questions.