Doubts and confusions...

Miku POV...

I pout as Luka laughs her guts out. I told her everything that happened at dinner last night and instead of taking me seriously, she says its like some kind of "romantic comedy". Uggh! Why didn't I call Rin or Gumi instead?!

Her laughs die down as I apply my blue nail polish while staring at my annoyed face in the mirror. "Are you done now" I said irritated and she gives a light chuckle. "Sorry... Sorry. I just imagined how you would look like in that situation.." I roll my eyes at her comment as she continues, "but in my opinion, I'd say he still has some kind of attraction towards you. Why don't you just ditch this whole revenge thing and just get together already".

"No Luka, he doesn't have any kind of attraction for me. He just wanted to get back at me for ruining his suit. You're just believing what you want to"

"Don't you think there's a reason why you keep bumping into each other? Why the universe keeps making the two of you cross paths? You two are meant for each other Miku and I don't care if I sound cheesy "

"It's all a coincidence and yes you do sound cheesy" I hear her sigh through the phone.

" Ok, I want you to be honest with yourself. Do you really think he did everything he did five years ago just because he wanted to.... break you? Come on Miku. I know you're dumb but I didn't think you were this dumb"

"Hey! I'm not dumb!" I exclaim but she scoffs.

" Oh come on! Don't you think there's a reason why he said and did what he did? Do you remember when he told you to write his song as a punishment? But at the end, look where it got you. If it wasn't for Len, you wouldn't be the person you are today. And that is a sign that he really loved you and I'm confident that he still does. You shouldn't just jump to conclusions, sweety. Len does everything for a reason" she explains and I find myself digesting every word she spoke.

Could Luka be right? Could it be that Len has a motive in his actions like he did five years ago? But if so, why does he keep pushing me away?

"Still Luka, he-" she cuts me off, " stop! Stop right there. I want you to be honest with yourself for once and listen to your heart. Common, tell me honestly how you feel".

I sigh, "well, confused couldn't begin to define what I'm feeling right now. Sometimes I feel like I have him and sometimes the opposite. He really hurt me Luka. He made me believe that I was the only girl he ever loved. I felt like I was in one of those 'bully turns to lover' kind of love story. But.... In the end, he claimed it was all a lie and that he was just pretending... You don't just... do that to a girl. All he ever did was hurt me since the very beginning...." I continue to tell her everything that has happened between us since the very beginning. How he made me lose all my friends in third grade. How my best friend at that time became one of my bullies because she had a crush on Len and wanted him to notice her. How even my parents, would scold me for accusing Len for something they think he wouldn't do because of his so called cute innocent act.

How he made me want to stop going to school because of fear. Fear that I would come home with another fresh bruise caused by him or other class mates for gripping me too hard. And then get scolded at home for not being careful at school and being forced to keep quiet because they wouldn't believe me if I said it was Len. I was a bit of a whiner when I was a kid so they thought it was all part of my whining.

I didn't realize I was crying because of the painful memories when I heard Luka comforting me through the phone.

"But then, when Len told me he loved me that night, the way he held me, kissed me. It felt real. Everything he did felt really real. I'm just so confused, because I don't know what to trust anymore. I trusted my heart five years and it got me broken. Right now my heart says he knows what he's doing and everything will be alright in the end. But my mind tells me I shouldn't forgive him.... I can't forgive him. I actually think my mind is right, and I should continue on with my goal. He underestimated me so I want to show him how strong I can be" I said firmly as I felt a spark of determination igniting within me.