[Book 1 - Global Evolution] Chapter 2

Cong Xia published his analysis results on a hacker forum that he often visited. He didn't expect to get responses so quickly even it was 4 or 5 in the morning at the moment. Some experts in the forum continuously joined the analyzing group. They posted posts in major forums to attract people who discovered the phenomenon to leave replies. In just one hour, the range of food's accelerating spoiling speed phenomenon spread from Guizhou to Hubei, and in the northern region, it had expanded to Beijing and Tianjin. They analyzed and compared the data collected during the last four hours and found that in just three or four hours, the East and Southeast Coast which were the furthest from Qinghai would also be affected. The food's accelerating spoiling speed phenomenon was like a plague, with the epicenter of earthquake in Golmud of Qinghai as the center, it spread across the country at a terrifying speed. No one actually knew what happened.

Then, on the Internet, there were waves of news about the rapid growth of plants. A netizen posted two photos of the exterior wall of his house. The first one was taken three days ago. The bougainvillea only occupied a very small part of the wall, but in the second photo, the bougainvillea had covered the entire wall of his three-storey villa. The netizen claimed that the bougainvillea grew up overnight. He woke up and found that he could not see the sunlight, when he went outside to take a look, he discovered that the bougainvillea completely covered the window, and the exterior wall looked like those of haunted houses that had been abandoned for many years!

[Note: Bougainvillea is a very common type of ornamental plant, which is normally grown outside of the house for decorative purpose. It comes in a variety of colors - pink, purple, orange, yellow and white, with magenta being the most common color.]

It was past 6 am, more and more people woke up from their sleep, there were all kinds of strange phenomena in those areas which were closer to Qinghai such as the food's accelerating spoiling speed, the plants that grew wildly and the stray animal...

It was past 6 am, more and more people woke up from their sleep, there were all kinds of strange phenomena in those areas which were closer to Qinghai such as the food's accelerating spoiling speed, the plants that grew wildly and the stray animals that showed great aggressiveness. Only thirteen hours had passed since the earthquake occurred yesterday afternoon and the whole country had gotten into a strange situation, and this situation continued to get worse over time.

More and more people were aware of the impact of the earthquake. Although there was no one saying anything on the TV, they probably had been forbidden by the relevant departments, but the ban did not stop the mouths of hundreds of millions of netizens. There were rumors everywhere on the internet and terrifying speculations were endless. An originally ordinary Monday morning became a national panic day.

The more closely Cong Xia followed the situation, the more he was shocked. When he was hysterically searching for relevant information in an attempt to analyze the situation, his cell phone rang.

When he saw that it was the call from his boss, he suddenly realized that he was late for work. He quickly took the call.

"Hello, Chief Jiang, I am going to the company right now..."

Chief Jiang's voice was very flustered.

"Xiao Cong, you don't need to come, there was an incident at the company."