[Book 1 - Global Evolution] Chapter 7

Cong Xia felt like he was patted in his sleep and he woke up. When he opened his eyes, he saw the cold face of Cheng Tianbi, which was very close right in front of his eyes. He was patting his face to wake him up. Cong Xia was stunned.

"You, you are okay?"

Cheng Tianbi said.

"Get up."

Despite his voice was still hoarse, Cong Xia could see that his face was no longer pale.

Cong Xia delightedly exclaimed and gave him a hug.

"Brother, you are really okay! You scared me to death."

Since the end of the world happened, this was the first time he felt happy from the bottom of his heart, he was smiling so bright that even his canine teeth were showing. Cheng Tianbi was caught off guard. The temperature of Cong Xia's body made him feel really comfortable, but he was not used to having physical contact with other people. When he woke up and found himself and a man whom he just met a few hours ago hugging each other, he felt really reluctant. Cheng Tianbi pushed him away.

"I told you to get up."

After finished talking, he turned his face away, bowed his head and went on to wear his shoes.

Cong Xia came closer, his head even touched Cheng Tianbi's cheek. He observed him for two seconds and could not help but smile.

"Are you shy?"

Cheng Tianbi tilted his head to glance at him.

"How long do you intend to keep talking nonsense?"

Cong Xia smiled.

"You are really something, for someone as handsome as you, you must have no shortage of friends since childhood. How can you be this autistic?"

Cheng Tianbi stood up and moved his limbs a little bit, even though his face was still somewhat peaky, his spirit didn't seem like of those who had just went through a near death experience. Cong Xia also jumped out of the bed.

"How long have we slept? At that time, you really scared me to death. Your whole body was like an ice cube. The wound must have been infected. Fortunately, you have overcome it, maybe is had something to do with your evolution."

Cheng Tianbi waved his arm a little bit, feeling that there was an inexplicable energy produced within his body, which made his body even lighter and full of spirit. When he formed a fist, he felt even more powerful. Every time he took a step, he could feel the strength of his thigh muscles. Even his vision was enhanced. The image got into his eyes was clean and clear as if it was washed by water. If you had to find an adjective for his current feeling, then it must be reborn.

Cong Xia had already got used to the fact that Cheng Tianbi wouldn't talk to him, but he couldn't stand two people not saying anything. The circumstance was enough to make people feel depressed, he didn't want to make his own mood more down, so even just by himself, he could still talk for quite a while.

"How are you feeling? Sill feel cold? I feel that the room is not that cold anymore, maybe the temperature has risen up. Are you still feeling uncomfortable now?"

"Hungry."

Cheng Tianbi touched the stomach, he felt extremely hungry.

"Hungry? Err... I'm going to see what else we can eat."

Cong Xia firmly went out of the bedroom, he then couldn't help but blurt out the F word.

Cheng Tianbi chased after him to have a look and ran into Cong Xia, who at the same time stepped back. He walked pass Cong Xia's shoulder and saw that the body of the monkey on the living room floor had begun to rot, its whole body was covered with squirming maggots, a smell which could make people vomit was all over the house.